DVDVR Message Board

The Criterion Collection

odessasteps

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/17/2017 at 9:43 PM, odessasteps said:

24 hour flash sale at criterion website 50% off

Keyword COOP

Took advantage of this to buy exactly 1 thing. The choice was difficult and the promo wouldn't work for future releases (or else I would've gladly gotten that new release of  Le Samourai dirt cheap). Ended up getting the BRay/DVD combo of A Hard Day's Night though it was by no means an easy decision

James

11 hours ago, J.H. said:

Took advantage of this to buy exactly 1 thing. The choice was ifficult and the promo wouldn't work for future releases (or else I would've gladly gotten Le Samourai dirt cheap). Ended up gettign the BRay/DVD combo of A Hard Day's Night though it was by no means an eas decision

James

See, now I wonder what your other choices were.

I really wanted To Be Or Not To Be and there are so many that are out of print like Ran, The Third Man and for fuck sake the fact I can only get the CC version of Head in the Raffelson box is really damn annoying. Of course I wnant all th Kurosawa as well as stuff like McCabe & Mrs. Miller

James

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

The 50% Barnes & Noble sale is on now.  Probably keeping it light this year, I was wanting Chimes at MidnightOthelloPunch Drunk Love, and Robinson Crusoe on Mars.  But, Othello is a set and pricey even at the DVD level, the Robinson Crusoe... DVD is out of stock (or print) online, Chimes would be a blind buy (but after reading Jae's write-up, getting that thing is inevitable), and Punch Drunk Love is, well, probably one I'll get since it's not too expensive.

OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT That's awesome. Maybe a Zatoichi style box set in our future for Godzilla. That's my dream.

Wife got me McCabe and Mrs. Miller for my birthday. and 25$ gift card to B&N. Don't know what I'll get.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 5:19 PM, jaedmc said:

OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT That's awesome. Maybe a Zatoichi style box set in our future for Godzilla. That's my dream.

The Zatoichi box set would weigh approximately ten thousand pounds.

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 1:06 AM, Travis Sheldon said:

Same for Silence of the Lambs.

YES~!

13_BD_box_348x490_original.jpg

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 5:50 PM, odessasteps said:

Hooray. My copy of Jabberwocky came today. 

Into the growing pile of unwatched Criterions with you. 

This is why I tend to buy Criterions of movies I have already seen and donate the original DVDs replaced by the Criterions to Goodwill or something. 

It's not really a Pile of Shame if you've previously watched those movies, or at least that is my excuse.

I really should watch give Brian De Palma's Sisters (1973) another watch.