DVDVR Message Board

The Criterion Collection

odessasteps

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, nate said:

Tomorrow starts the Barnes y Noble 50% off sale for the summer.

To the chagrin of adult responsibility, I expect to actually pick up a few films this go around, if not entirely sure what those selections entail.

I put in my order in the hopes I can get these before I head to visit family for the weekend.

In-Laws; Fantastic Planet (an upgrade from the older DVD version I had); Exterminating Angel.

I picked up Strangelove and Friends of Eddie Coyle today. I'll probably snag a few others before the sale ends. I always try to pick up blind spots for myself and not stuff I've seen already.

Our new podcast is a ❤️ To the Criterion Collection. I talk to comics writer and film critic Will Pfeifer about our favorite Criterions and their new Dr Strangelove edition. We also talk some of his comics work and the future of his Out of Theaters podcast.

Episode 36 - Wing Attack Plan R

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Reddit people are reporting (with pictures) that FimStruck, the new TCM/Criterion joint streaming service is in beta for those who signed up for that and will launch in 50 days.

Time the end of your Hulu subscriptions appropriately, or end it a month early to buy some new underwear because HOLY SHIT THE TCM/CRITERION OINT STREAMING SERVIE LAUNCHES IN 50 DAYS!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sighting of announcement of Filmstruck launch party:

http://guestofaguest.com/new-york/calendar/2016/october/filmstruck-launch-party-1006-404hudson-yards

Nothing yet on pricing and how the services will "stack" although it's sounding like you subscribe to "Filmstruck" to get Turner and Warner classics and a rotating collection of Criterions, and the "full" criterion collection then will be an add-on. So it could get pricey.

Criterion films will disappear from HULU next month.

$11 for the Criterion Collection alone is a good deal. Too bad TCM's massive library of Hollywood classics isn't included, otherwise it would instantly become my favourite streaming service.