DVDVR Message Board

The Criterion Collection

odessasteps

Friends of Eddie Coyle blu announced for April.

I'm on that shit. 

That's one I've been meaning to see. A few people talked about the comparisons between it and The Town when that came out a few years ago.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Every time a sale pops up there I'm temped by there $8 Hulu thing.  has anyone done it?  Is it awesome or lame?

Looking around there's a lot of stuff not streaming.

I think the main things not streaming is their newer stuff, but you do get the true Criterion stuff with it and even some of the Eclipse/Janus Films stuff too I believe.

Given some of my blind spots, it's something I've invested in a couple of times, but I have a hard time fitting in any movie these days.

Every time a sale pops up there I'm temped by there $8 Hulu thing.  has anyone done it?  Is it awesome or lame?

Looking around there's a lot of stuff not streaming.

The only reason I kept Hulu was for this. The collection is pretty deep. Only drawback is, unless I'm missing something, there is no way to access the extras or commentary.

For me, the extras are what make criterions special.

Nothing worse than a bare bones criterion.

I completely agree, but I can't afford to buy everything I'd like, so having the Hulu alternative is a pretty good deal. It also helps me choose which criterions I might want to purchase.