DVDVR Message Board

The Box Office Thread

EVA

Universal projected Neighbors to open in mid-high 20 millions.

Box Office Mojo was more bullish on it, predicting 41 million.

Reality decided to make them all look stupid (and Universal will be quite happy about it) by opening at 51 million.

As projected by everyone, TASM2 collapsed down a lot to $37 million, and really didn't even put up a fight.

Word of mouth killed that movie.  I liked it, but I wouldn't recommend it to a non-super hero type friend and that's where the market is, not with the fanboy geeks like myself.

I just wikied that and was mezmerized:

• The Godzilla/Globetrotters Adventure Hour (October 20, 1979 – September 20, 1980)

Fowler, please tell me this was one show and not just two separate shows strung together.

plllllleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaassssssseeeeee??????????

Goddammit.

I just want to see the pilot where the Globetrotters get shipwrecked on a seemingly deserted island (for let's be honest, the seventh of eighth time) and discover a species of alligator people being controlled by their former equipment manager.

After they've been captured and each tied to a different coconut tree dangling over the alligator pit, Sweet Lou manages to shimmy a coconut off the tree and Curly dribble/bounces it off his head creating a wave of vibration that he hopes will free him..but instead awakens Godzilla.

The line "That's one crazy green turkey!!!!" is spoken and answered by "That's no Turkey, you Turkey!  That's a Kangaroo!"

Godzilla rolls his eyes.

...anyway, blah, blah, blah...Godzilla fries the alligators but he's being held prisoner by the equipment manager using a magical idol that allows him to summon Godzilla at will.

blah blah blah...Globetrotters steal the idol, passing it back and forth while the remaining alligator people helplessly try to catch it...Godzilla is free...headquarters burned. and in gratitude, Godzilla offers the Globetrotters a ride back home to America on his back.  When they get off (at the statue of liberty of course), Meadowlark give the idol to Godzilla, but as he's swimming away, he twirls it on his snout and flip passes it with his tail to Twiggy Sanders who spins it on his finger.

Godzilla and the Globetrotters have an unspoken agreement that they will only summon Godzilla when it is really important.  Godzilla give a thumbs up and swims away.  Curly asks "I could go for lobster...is that really important?"  "No" Meadowlark scolds him "Well, it's important...but not Godzilla important."

They laugh.

We are informed that up next Speed Buggy encounters a race of shark people...

you are stoked.

• Like 5