DVDVR Message Board

The Box Office Thread

EVA

Also - in it's first week in wide release

Steve Jobs did $7.2 million (and $9.9 million total in two weeks)

Jobs (the Ashton Kutcher one) did $9.1 million in it's first week

Maybe we can stop making movies about Apple now

• Like 1

Also - in it's first week in wide release

Steve Jobs did $7.2 million (and $9.9 million total in two weeks)

Jobs (the Ashton Kutcher one) did $9.1 million in it's first week

Maybe we can stop making movies about Apple now

Looking forward to the movie Steve in 2017.

• Like 1

The recent financial failures of films released in the past couple of weeks would make a good read if someone went in-depth into their development history.  Pan, Jem, That Vin Diesel Witch movie no one is going to remember in a month, and even Steve Jobs could be included.  Pan's history alone is worthy of a novel.

I will be perfectly content if all the "The Inquisition was totally right, those bitches deserved to be burned" movies could fuck right off.

I'm sick of ghost movies falling back on that too.  Hey, The Conjuring and LORDS oF SALEM, I'm looking right at you too.

I'm not sure why it bugs me that what was essentially a mass crime is now a hack script writers fallback history revision.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This article focuses on Jem but also says they've done the same for Steve Jobs.  (They're still reporting the results for it, but they pulled it from theatres after just two weeks.)  I get that no one wanted to see another movie about Steve Jobs, but Fassbender and Winslet are both being talked about as potential Oscar nominees for their work there, so I find this pretty surprising.

http://ca.movies.yahoo.com/post/133000659476/new-movie-flops-so-badly-its-pulled-from-cinemas

• 2 weeks later...

I think being sandwiched between the hype for the new Bond and Star Wars movies didn't help matters. All of those are much bigger deals. I was legit surprised when I checked the movie listings on Friday and saw that Hunger Games was out already. I had no idea.

But, also Part 1 was boring as shit, and *quasi-spoiler alert because I got dragged to it today* Part 2 is boring as shit, too.

Add another bomb to the pile

Taking in an estimated $2.35 million from Friday to Sunday, the James McAvoy-Daniel Radcliffe take on the Mary Shelley classic managed the worst opening weekend ever for a film to open in over 2,500 theaters. 

On the good front

Good Dinosaur made $39 million and Creed made $30 million

This might be in the Pixar thread but Dinosaur was actually the worst opening for a Pixar movie since the original Toy Story but it was still the 4th best Nov. opening ever