DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 1/3 - 1/9/2022

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, RunningFromAmerica said:

Too true Walter, too true.....Walter vs Frazier (who still isn't British btw) NXT UK this week.

The big news from that is WALTER saying it would be his last NXT UK match

Curious if that means he is going to the main roster or if he is sticking with NXT

The opening segment was enjoyable though I still have little interest in Brock/Roman.

Boogs/Sami was fun.

What I caught of VR vs. Corbin/Moss was decent.

It was nice to see Naomi and Charlotte finally get a real match with each other. All the ones they had in the past felt like they were cut short. Pretty solid-good for the most part though I wish Charlotte had something cheap to win. I guess they considered the earlier escape from the count out loss enough. I am curious when they plan to actually end Naomi/Sonya. Do they actually plan to save that for WM?

Usos/New Day was fun. Dug the New Days using the gladiator gear as weapons.

Not super in Seth/Roman though its at least a fresh match.

Naomi/Charlotte edges out the Kamille/Missa Kate vs Tootie Lynn/Kylie Ray match in the SmackdownNWAPowerrr Women's WrestleBLOKK.  The Sonya shit needs to end.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

I still don't understand why she's a WWE official. They never really explained how that happened. Are we sure she really is one? Heel authority figures need to go away.

When she returned, they briefly mentioned the Loser Leaves WWE match with Mandy Rose. Sonya wasn't eligible to wrestle, so they gave her a job as co-authority to Adam Pearce. It's morphed into what we see now. They haven't given an explanation as to why she hates Naomi, other than she doesn't think Naomi is good enough (which can be taken a couple of ways if they don't give a firm answer). Presumably, this ends with a Naomi-Sonya match. But yeah, they're dragging it out and it's lost all its steam.

I get what they were going for with Charlotte-Naomi but I thought it was weak booking that the heel did very little that was heelish and the we were supposed to feel sorry for the babyface because the evil GM prevented her from getting a cheap win via countout or rope break dq.  Since when do babyfaces want to win by cheap dq?  I mostly wish they'd just wrap up this feud and give Sonya a decisive win. but that's not how this feud is going to go.

Rest of the show was ok.  Was glad the Usos got a decisive win.  "Last chance to challenge for the title" usually means the challengers are winning.  I like New Day, but they've gotten stale for me and they seem to be leaning harder into silliness since Big E was split off.  Xavier showing up for a street fight in bright yellow tights and a fake crown was funny.  I'd much rather see a Kofi singles run and maybe a heel turn for one or both of them.

Roman-Heyman segment was good.  Still not sure where they're going with this.  Could see Heyman turning on Brock and reuniting with Roman.

I'm fairly sure Roman really had COVID, but they seem to want to me to think it's part of an angle.  As someone said last week, it wouldn't be a complete surprise to learn they booked themselves into a corner and COVID was their get-out-of-jail-free card.  Supposedly Brock-Roman has always been the WM plan, so it seems unlikely the Day One match was going to have a decisive finish (Brock already lost to Roman at the last Saudi show, irrc).

Edited by Tarheel Moneghetti