DVDVR Message Board

2022 TV Discussion Thread

RIPPA

57 minutes ago, Craig H said:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

But...limited series ?

But a chance that it could become a regular thing where the character continuously returns for these limited series. 

When this was first reported Raylan was just coming in as a cameo to christen this new crew, but it looks like exces weren’t going to okay this, so they changed their mind, and it’s just more Raylan. It could still end up being a back door pilot, though. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

I’m surprised Monk isn’t being revived for TV movies. That character along with Raylan are the kind of modern TV fixtures that could make bi—annual returns like Columbo, and Matlock did.

I hope this Justified revival has a bigger budget. I’ll probably still end up loving it, but one thing that was always distracting as soon as it was pointed out to me, was the fact it was shot in Los Angeles, and all the sets were re-used sets from other tv shows, TV movies, and crummy FMV point & click games.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

17 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I asked Beau how the show is viewed in Appalachia.  He said the biggest complaint was things like saying how long it took to drive from Lexington to Harlan. 

I feel like this is the #1 complaint for pretty much every show set anyplace when you ask people from that place.  I know any TV show or movie where someone in DC says, "let's go to Quantico and talk to the FBI guys," and then get there and aren't pissed off and disheveled, it takes me out of the movie for a minute.  On any given day, that drive can be one of the most miserable experiences on earth.  

• Like 2

On 1/3/2022 at 6:36 AM, RIPPA said:

I was thinking about and it really feels like everyone around here doesn't watch shows on regular network TV anymore or nothing that is memorable enough to discuss.

Not that I do either since the only shit I watch on regular TV is singing competitions.

I know I'm not supposed to reply to really old posts so please don't ban me ?

I watch "Ghosts" because I love Rose McIver and it's really funny. I've never watched the British version so I have nothing to compare it to (but also I don't care for British comedy except Spaced).

Saw the first episode of "American Auto" and it has some promise, from the creator of Superstore and has some of that same vibe. Ana Gasteyer is good but also feels like the part was written for Kathryn Hahn.

I thought that Stevie forced to perform as a Geisha Girl at the behest of Ashley in his quest to impress Kia Corporation executives may have been the most disturbingly funny thing in American TV history but...

Spoiler

The defiant bodybuilder forced to drag a cross and then placed into some outdoor prison might top it for me.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Greggulator said:

I thought that Stevie forced to perform as a Geisha Girl at the behest of Ashley in his quest to impress Kia Corporation executives may have been the most disturbingly funny thing in American TV history but...

Reveal hidden contents

The defiant bodybuilder forced to drag a cross and then placed into some outdoor prison might top it for me.

Somebody made a Kimo Leopoldo TV show?

• Haha 1

I’m on S4 of Game of Thrones, and I have to give them credit for drawing out Daenerys’ story this long of getting armies and dragons and whatnot on her slow march to Westeros and King’s Landing. I thought for sure by the end of S1 or at least S2 she’d be there by now, but, nope.

Joffrey was a little bitch.

I do have one question: is the surname Snow just given to every “bastard” or what?