DVDVR Message Board

2022 TV Discussion Thread

RIPPA

59 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Streaming television is a curse and we will never recover from it.

[Nic Pizzolatto at meeting table, eyes coked out to the size of cake platters] and then Casper looks down and he can see that his little ghost hand has gained the power to touch...and he looks up and across the room at Jackie Earle Haley, and he's like smiling at Casper...and then he looks scared and he says "No, No. I'm sorry I abducted and murdered you" and he's freaking out and that's when we pan down to see that Casper has used his new power of touch to pick up that gun....yeah, and he looks right at Jackie and he's like...are you ready for this?...he goes....."THIS IS WHAT IT MEANS TO BE ALIVE, BITCH!" and he's like BAP BPA BAP ABPABPABPABPABPABAP]

[room of executives bursts into applause and enthusiastic flames]

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

4 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Its the 42nd anniversary of the debut of Fridays.

No one knows what you are talking about except for me.  The sketch comedy was eh, but Fridays forced SNL to up its game when it came to booking musical guests.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 5

Couple of casting notes from Disney+ converting movies into TV shows

Walker Scobell (who was the kid in The Adam Project) has been cast as Percy Jackson in the yet unnamed series based on the Percy Jackson books.

Justin Bartha will reprise his role as Riley Poole in the National Treasure series the network is doing (they are calling it a guest role)

4 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I have never heard of this Fridays but Plasmatics and Clash playing has me intrigued

Clash did fucking Clampdown on Fridays,  The Plasmatics did Butcher Baby.

• Like 2

Here ya go. You grow up and you calm down.  You start wearing blue and brown.  So you got someone to boss around, make you feel big now,

• Like 1

On 4/12/2022 at 8:04 AM, Mister TV said:

Hasbro's Youtube channel is running a 24/7 stream of the G.I. Joe cartoon, I've been randomly watching 30ish seconds every hour or so the past few days, its like the Walker Texas Ranger lever from Conan. 

It took me way too long to realize you meant Conan O'Brien. I was baffled trying to figure out how that particular pop-culture mashup could have occurred.

Boy...That Billions finale was...kinda dumb? They're trying so hard to turn Michael Prince into a heel. His character is basically Andrew Yang if Andrew Yang kept billions of dollars in crypto. Also, who fucking cares? Oh no, the billionaire who has a legit plan for universal basic income and would fund it through his billions in hidden crypto isn't paying taxes on the crypto, therefore he's just as evil as Trump? Really? That's the direction they're going in? I don't understand why this show keeps trying to position Chuck as the face in all of this. Chuck is a complete dick who has no ability to see things in anything other than black and white. And he's turned more and more into a dick as the series has gone on. 

I highly doubt Prince is as perfect as he tries to be, but compared to most people who run for president, he's practically a saint. The guy champions social issues and equality and is anti-corruption with how the firm is run. Even all of the douchebag, ultra rich, Trumpers have turned on him. But he's the heel all because he let Bobby get away?

• Like 1

Not sure if this goes here or in another thread but I'll put it here anyway.

Frank Langella has been fired from Netflix's The Fall of the House of Usher series for on-set misconduct.  He was cast as the lead.  His part will be recast and his scenes re-shot.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/news/frank-langella-fired-from-netflix-s-fall-of-the-house-of-usher/ar-AAWdrRW?li=BBorjTa

8 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Musing about a replacement for him on the Discord, I came up with Bruce Dern and Mark Margolis. Anybody else? I can see John Hurt but he is long since deceased. 

If he hadn't just passed - it would have been Christopher Plummer

All the Money in the World Part 2

• Like 1