DVDVR Message Board

2022 TV Discussion Thread

RIPPA

On 3/7/2022 at 7:38 PM, Greggulator said:

3) Kareem was also a renowned jerk to people asking for his autographs and the like. Really smart, sensitive person but someone who definitely wanted to be left alone.

I feel like I'm the only person who finds Kareem completely relatable. I was just telling a friend of mine how I kind of wish my boss completely forgot that I exist,  so he would stop trying to be chummy with me. He's on vacation and yesterday there was a whole conversation around me in the office about how a bunch of people miss when he's in the office because he is an actual good dude who people like. I just prefer to be left alone. Kareem was a top 5 player of all time and that's all he really wanted to give the public. That's a whole hell of a lot to give, and people kept asking him for more. I completely relate to him not wanting to give anything else. 

• Like 1

so, The Expanse… I know the last three seasons were on Amazon, but the first 3 were on Syfy right? If so, that’s surprising, since they drop f bombs like crazy sometimes.

I also do not like the actors for Chrisjen and Jim.

9 minutes ago, Casey said:

so, The Expanse… I know the last three seasons were on Amazon, but the first 3 were on Syfy right? If so, that’s surprising, since they drop f bombs like crazy sometimes.

I also do not like the actors for Chrisjen and Jim.

I'm not saying Shohreh Aghdashloo is the ONLY thing I like about the show, but...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, driver said:

eating peanuts

I am obligated to give Colbert's eternal apple response: "You can eat peanut butter with them." And yes, Red Delicious not so good, every other one awesome. The main thing with an apple is you don't have to fight it to enjoy it. Oranges seem built to keep you out, and a big bit of the white rind will ruin your meal. You don't even have to peel an apple. The core has to be disposed of but that's no problem. Plus, you can let your dog chew around the core to get the bits you didn't and that is fun. ?

But really this isn't about that answer; Stewart just comes off like a dangerous robot person. Someone to run away from. Like if you ripped her scalp off it would reveal a T-800 or a lizard alien from V. 

Edited by Curt McGirt

16 hours ago, driver said:

Oranges are only superior to apples when compared to a red delicious. Other apple varieties destroy oranges, but I wouldn't kick an orange out of bed for eating peanuts though.

This is false.  There are plenty of shitty apples.  I think as a rule apples are better than oranges, but you're much more likely to find a mealy terrible apple than a bad orange.  An orange is high floor-low ceiling, but an apple is low floor-high ceiling.  At it's worse an orange is flavorless, but not inedible.  You'll spit out a bad apple.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, supremebve said:

This is false.  There are plenty of shitty apples.  I think as a rule apples are better than oranges, but you're much more likely to find a mealy terrible apple than a bad orange.  An orange is high floor-low ceiling, but an apple is low floor-high ceiling.  At it's worse an orange is flavorless, but not inedible.  You'll spit out a bad apple.

You may have me there a bit. I've never had a bad Fuji, Granny Smith or Pink Lady apple and I've never had a bad orange(no matter the variety), That being said both apples and oranges are preferable to pears. I've only ever had one type of pear that ever had any flavor.

4 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Is this meant to be a one-and-done mini-series? Not ongoing, right? 

Correct... well at least about the Lakers

There are some folks apparently who are trying to push for it turn into an anthology series where each season is about a different subject (I really doubt that is gonna happen)

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Correct... well at least about the Lakers

There are some folks apparently who are trying to push for it turn into an anthology series where each season is about a different subject (I really doubt that is gonna happen)

Since this series seems like it's only going to cover the 1980 NBA season, they could easily jump ahead to 1984 for season 2 and 1985 for season 3. 

I really don't quite understand what's going on with Billions, but Chuck is a dick, Prince is an obvious face, I think the writers want us to view Chuck as the face and Prince as the heel, and for a show that really, really, really leans heavily on pro wrestling, they could aim to be less like WWE's trash booking.

Like, if it got announced that this was Giamatti's last season and Billions would continue on with Prince as the lead, just going around trying to be the best of the billionaires, then that would be a lot better than what they're trying to do now.