DVDVR Message Board

2022 TV Discussion Thread

RIPPA

I know it's his gimmick, but he does seem particularly checked out of the current season so far.

It will definitely be a different show without his personality for all the other coaches to play off of.  

19 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

I'm probably the only one that would like a return to the old school Looney tunes and Tom and Jerry cartoon network. . . 

(As always) i just wish they would post more of their library on HBO Max. 

52 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

I'm probably the only one that would like a return to the old school Looney tunes and Tom and Jerry cartoon network. . . 

31 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

(As always) i just wish they would post more of their library on HBO Max. 

This channel has a lot of fun stuff on it. Drop out, toon in. 

• Like 1

Wrapped up a few seasons recently:

Severance - Intriguing as hell. Absolutely felt like a Black Mirror episode stretched out to a full season, loved how fucked up it was but there was also genuine heart to it. Hope we get a second season

This Fool -  Had to check this one out since I'm always cracking up at those cholo exercise videos on YouTube. Felt real at times, I know a bunch of reformed cholos trying to turn things around and yet it had a good balance of laughs and honesty. Wished they'd done more episodes before wrapping up the season

The Resort - Liked it about midway through, reviews had me hyped to catch the show but the first few episodes dragged forever 

Reservation Dogs- LOVED this. 5/5 stars

• Like 2

16 hours ago, The Natural said:

This doesn't surprise me. I can't fucking stand James Corden. Same goes for Jeremy Kyle.

Unfortunately, James apparently called the general manager himself and apologized.  He has since been unbanned.  

I'm sure this is his publicist clearly telling him his behavior is a problem and he needed to get as in front of this story as possible.

FYI -- Balthazar was at one point an absolutely incredible restaurant.  One of the best in NYC.  Nowadays, you go to eat there because you're a celebrity, are fucking one, and/or want to be one.  (Quell surprise that James would want to be in there!)

The only meal (semi-) worth getting at Balthazar is weekend brunch.  But there are SO many better ways to spend $100-$200 per person for a plate of steak and fries and an okay bloody mary.  

Thinking about what I might watch this weekend as I've got a 3 day weekend

See season 3 (fucking loved the HELL outta first two seasons. Anyone says Batista can't act his way out of a paper bag needs to catch his arc in Season2)

Gangs of London (haven't watched either season so I'm thinking I might double dip and catch the whole thing back to back)

Your Honor (like Gangs of London, haven't seen any episodes or read reviews)

Also have The Dead Lands and Deputy both sitting there, much like Your Honor and Gangs of London no reviews on either and not sure if they're any good?

Decisions, decisions..

Edited by Hayabusa
  • Like 1

On 10/18/2022 at 8:53 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Unfortunately, James apparently called the general manager himself and apologized.  He has since been unbanned.  

I'm sure this is his publicist clearly telling him his behavior is a problem and he needed to get as in front of this story as possible.

FYI -- Balthazar was at one point an absolutely incredible restaurant.  One of the best in NYC.  Nowadays, you go to eat there because you're a celebrity, are fucking one, and/or want to be one.  (Quell surprise that James would want to be in there!)

The only meal (semi-) worth getting at Balthazar is weekend brunch.  But there are SO many better ways to spend $100-$200 per person for a plate of steak and fries and an okay bloody mary.  

About that...

https://twitter.com/ComplexPop/status/1583504641127776256

Okay for all the good bubbas (®️Kawada Smiles) who were talking about Banshee, I may have missed it but bubbas, lemme tell you 

Gangs of London I mean hoooooollly fuck!

This is the next coming of Banshee lemme tell ya! Created by the bubba who did The Raid movies, this the best mash-up of a Guy Ritchie/The Raid director type series.

3 episodes in and I mean, so far the writing is absolutely top notch, attention to the most minute detail, ? knocked it out park

But the fights and the kills!

Would love to get Dean to review this series like he does with the weekly shows, I'm not half the wordsmith he is but I can definitely say I haven't seen a new show this tightly scripted since maybe See

• Like 1

On 10/20/2022 at 6:37 PM, Hayabusa said:

Gangs of London (haven't watched either season so I'm thinking I might double dip and catch the whole thing back to back)

Yeah, I think Curt and I binged Gangs and Top Boy last summer in a fit of watching batshit crazy UK crime epics and we both lost our shit. 

Gangs of London is totally crazy, but would you expect anything less from the guy that brought you The Raid:  Redemption?

S2 should be starting soon, so buckle up.  I posted the trailer in this thread on the 14th of the month.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Spring 2023

Goosebumps. And cousin Greg's heel turn still annoys me. Not because it was a bad writing decision, but because I liked cousin Greg even if he had a dog brain. 

It will be glorious though when Greg winds up going to prison for something.

20 hours ago, J.T. said:

Yeah, I think Curt and I binged Gangs and Top Boy last summer in a fit of watching batshit crazy UK crime epics and we both lost our shit. 

Gangs of London is totally crazy, but would you expect anything less from the guy that brought you The Raid:  Redemption?

S2 should be starting soon, so buckle up.  I posted the trailer in this thread on the 14th of the month.

Thank you for sharing that link, that's what had me interested in checking out the series since the 2nd season just dropped last week

I'll say, I binged both back to back over the weekend and I'm pumped as hell for the direction they set up for the 3rd season assuming they get another one

I had no idea what to expect going in but by the time I wrapped up first half of season one, I had the same feeling as when I'd done first half of See season 1

Which is, holy amazeballs this shit is hardcore and I wish we had more ballsy tv like this

Season 2 expands on the story from season 1 and is everything that I wanted from McMafia and more

I think I read that AMC is doing an American spinoff in November maybe, or an American adaptation, not quite sure but as long as it's got the same creative team I'm all aboard

Now I gotta dig around for Top Boys on that note ?

• Like 1