DVDVR Message Board

2022 TV Discussion Thread

RIPPA

Matt Berry and my all time favourite TV personality, Mr Bob Mortimer are very good friends and in Mortimer's book he describes Berry as a wholly unpretentious gem of a man who giggles like a big cuddly baby when amused and that the two along with Reece Shearsmith will meet for drinks occasionally with the sole purpose of gossiping about which of their comedy contemporaries are currently sitting around the dining table of 'The Lucky Club' with Berry being particularly hilariously ruthless in his assessments.

To be a fly on the wall...

Berry's increasingly ridiculous pronunciations of New York City in Shadows cracks me the fuck up every single time too but he's just one of those dudes that could read the phone book (they still produce phone books? I have no idea) out loud and be hilarious. That Go Flip Yourself episode was a billion trillion stars. 

Speaking of Mortimer, the new series of Mortimer & Whitehouse: Gone Fishing started at the weekend, I posted about it before in the TV shows not from the States thread but, if you can watch it, please do. It's hilarious, life affirming and one of the most perfect TV shows ever made. 

Edited by Fuzzy Dunlop
  • Like 3

We have all been well and done with the Dahmer story (the one with Jeremy Renner is what you should watch) but that looks pretty good. I like Niecy, and giving a perspective from the victims and their families is worthwhile. 

EDIT: Just, please... no more Bundy movies/TV shows. Please. That vile excuse for a human being needed nothing more cinematically after getting his butt plugged with cotton balls in Ted Bundy. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, odessasteps said:

The mark Harmon movie was plenty.

They made that back in 1986?! Hot damn... you are not wrong. But I will stick with 2002, just because the image of Michael Reilly Burke stealing a potted plant with the aid of his VW Bug from the front of a strip mall is too perfect. As is him immediately thereafter jerking off in the bushes and getting water dumped on him from above.

They also only had one episode listed for Giancarlo Esposito, who was actually in three different episodes playing three different characters!

The Blade Runner fan in me laments the omission of James Wong and Joe Turkel.   Wikipedia has a full list of all guest stars, both famous and maybe just famous from playing "that guy" roles. 

Edited by Technico Support

Los Espookys is back on HBO! The most singularly unique show I can remember watching - a Spanish-language comedy about a group of horror obsessed young adults who find a way to make a living by scaring people in wholesome ways, and I'm not even doing it justice with how absurd it is. First episode of Season 2 is wonderful. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Has there been any discussion who they're gonna get to replace James Corden when he leaves this year? Hopefully someone with talent? 

Scuttlebutt is that they'll change the format to a panel show with revolving hosts.