DVDVR Message Board

2022 TV Discussion Thread

RIPPA

The wife and I started watching Pam and Tommy last night.  They really, really want you to know that Tommy was a jerk who totally deserved to be robbed as he walked around in a thong all the time, made unreasonable demands on contractors, and then screwed them on money.  Then they went fully monty with Tommy having a conversation with his, uh, third leg and my wife noped out.  I don't much care either way so probably won't watch the rest of the show either.

Edited by Tabe
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Tabe said:

The wife and I started watching Pam and Tommy last night.  They really, really want you to know that Tommy was a jerk who totally deserved to be robbed as he walked around in a thong all the time, made unreasonable demands on contractors, and then screwed them on money.  Then they went fully monty with Tommy having a conversation with his, uh, third leg and my wife noped out.  I don't much care either way so probably won't watch the rest of the show either.

I wish that the actor voicing Lee’s penis hadn’t been spoiled for me because it’s so perfect. It hasn’t been much of a factor since that one time though if that helps.

The show also switches perspectives after the first episode and ends up at the right conclusion about who was actually victimized. 

• Like 2

The First Lady

I guess people are now calling it "Showtime’s American version of The Crown"

Since its three different time periods - the cast is big (half the teaser is basically primer for who is playing who)

Per Deadline - Quentin Tarantino will be the narrator for Super Pumped: The Battle for Uber

And reportedly Season 2 of Super Pumped will focus on Mark Zuckerberg and Sheryl Sandberg relationship

22 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The First Lady

I guess people are now calling it "Showtime’s American version of The Crown"

Since its three different time periods - the cast is big (half the teaser is basically primer for who is playing who)

Viacom block the first video for... reasons... but then released a different one

Deadline is reporting that Walton Goggins is going to be one of the lead roles in Amazon's Fallout series. Rumor is he's playing a ghoul. I was concerned when Amazon announced a Fallout series because it's my favorite game series (despite the last 2 subpar efforts), but I'll give anything Goggins is in a fair shot. 

• Like 1

On 2/16/2022 at 3:28 PM, (BP) said:

I wish that the actor voicing Lee’s penis hadn’t been spoiled for me because it’s so perfect. It hasn’t been much of a factor since that one time though if that helps.

On the other hand, as soon as I heard about this bit of casting, I had to see it and I hadn't been planning on watching the show at all ?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

Deadline is reporting that Walton Goggins is going to be one of the lead roles in Amazon's Fallout series. Rumor is he's playing a ghoul. I was concerned when Amazon announced a Fallout series because it's my favorite game series (despite the last 2 subpar efforts), but I'll give anything Goggins is in a fair shot. 

Just saw that Goggins was cast. Awesome news. Didn't realize he would be the lead. That kind of surprises me.

Other than his failed CBS sitcom, The Unicorn, I believe this is Goggins first starring/lead role. Dude has been ready for this moment for forever now.

I'm glad that over time that producers, directors, and casting directors have taken to Goggins. He did an interview on a podcast where he talked about filming the pilot or first few episodes of the Shield and FX execs were like, we hate this guy and we don't want him on the show. Shawn Ryan and some others went to bat for Goggins though and he wound up sticking with the series. Then, something similar happened with him on Justified.

Anyone with half a brain could see that he was ultra talented.

8 hours ago, Craig H said:

Other than his failed CBS sitcom, The Unicorn, I believe this is Goggins first starring/lead role. Dude has been ready for this moment for forever now.

I'm glad that over time that producers, directors, and casting directors have taken to Goggins. He did an interview on a podcast where he talked about filming the pilot or first few episodes of the Shield and FX execs were like, we hate this guy and we don't want him on the show. Shawn Ryan and some others went to bat for Goggins though and he wound up sticking with the series. Then, something similar happened with him on Justified.

Anyone with half a brain could see that he was ultra talented.

That rules out most exec's, though.