DVDVR Message Board

2022 TV Discussion Thread

RIPPA

SUPER PUMPED

New Series on Showtime starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Uma Thurman

Premieres 2/27/22

Based on the book by Mike Isaac about the rise and fall of Travis Kalanick, the former CEO of Uber.   The book is awesome, really looking forward to this. 

• Like 1

Well Super Pumped is an anthology series so the "next" season will be entirely new cast and story so there is nothing preventing Mr Corman Season 2 from happening (besides Apple I guess)

Actual trailer for Halo

Complete with wacky version of an 80s classic song

Pablo Schreiber is Master Chief

Jen Taylor is reprising her role as Cortana which is a trip

Jen Taylor popping up as Cortana brought a huge smile to my face. And I swear I thought that Pedro Pascal was also playing Master Chief and chuckled at the thought that Pedro is only playing helmeted dudes who never take their helmets off from here on out.

Oh, and I thought the trailer looked pretty good. I'm stoked for it. Then again, I'm probably way too big of a fan of Halo so it just has to be merely good to make me happy.

Edited by Craig H

That seems particularly unnecessary, but my sister-in-law is a massive Grease fan so I’m stoked for her. She has a Frenchy tattoo, and I got her a Didi Conn Cameo to congratulate her on opening her own salon last year. 

The Offer

Limited series based on Oscar-winning producer Albert S. Ruddy’s experiences in trying to get the Godfather made

• Miles Teller is Ruddy
  • Matthew Goode as Robert Evans
  • Dan Fogler as Francis Ford Coppola
  • Burn Gorman as Charles Bluhdorn
  • Colin Hanks as Barry Lapidus
  • Giovanni Ribisi as Joe Colombo
  • Juno Temple as Bettye McCartt
  • Justin Chambers as Marlon Brando
  • Anthony Ippolito as Al Pacino
  • Patrick Gallo as Mario Puzo

Dexter Fletcher (Rocketman) is directing

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The Offer

Limited series based on Oscar-winning producer Albert S. Ruddy’s experiences in trying to get the Godfather made

• Miles Teller is Ruddy

Welp, I can skip this.

I was unaware of the Magnolia Network until I was looking for something to watch and saw that a Zimmern show is airing on that network (no idea when Andrew Zimmern departed Travel Channel as part of Travel Channel's purge of the shows I actually watched).

Magnolia Network was DIY and there's Chip/Joanna Gaines drama.

15 minutes ago, Matt D said:

We're pretty deep into S1 of Snowpiercer right now and Babylon 5 is actually the best comparison I can make for just the way they created (or adapted) a rich world with a lot of competing interests and no one necessarily being right.

I fear you won't like season 2 very much then, because in that season is considerably more pronounced regarding who is "good" and who is "bad".

Edited by Robert s

Will we get a dramatic serious version of the Carlton dance? Will the Jazz gag now be an attempted rape, and now Hillary’s  dad Phil throws him out of the house to beat him half to death? Will we get a dramatic version of Hillary’s fiancé falling to his death? I wonder how they will handle Will, and Carlton getting stuck in a snowstorm.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

I'm not usually one of those "pop culture is in the doldrums" kinda people but I'm a little grouchy lately - holy shit the last few posts in this thread have been about two reboots of 90s shows, a prequel to a 70s movie, the making of a 70s movie, a TV series based on a movie and a TV series based on a video game. I just looked up Gaslit thinking that was probably the only original thing here and even that's based on a podcast.

• Like 2

Just now, Swift said:

I'm not usually one of those "pop culture is in the doldrums" kinda people but I'm a little grouchy lately - holy shit the last few posts in this thread have been about two reboots of 90s shows, a prequel to a 70s movie, the making of a 70s movie, a TV series based on a movie and a TV series based on a video game. I just looked up Gaslit thinking that was probably the only original thing here and even that's based on a podcast.

And its not the only thing based on a podcast

The Thing About Pam

(Yes that is Renee Zellweger)

• Like 1