DVDVR Message Board

2022 Movie Discussion Thread

RIPPA

You were given a link to the entire thing, but don't care enough to even click on it, so it seems like you're wanting some kind of skirmish.

Stating that "both sides are as bad as the other" is disingenuous when one side wants to simply exist, while the other wants them illegal or dead.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

I trust you guys.  You think I'm gonna trust some randos on Twitter?!  COME ON.  TELL ME.

Fuck this. I'll say it risking whatever consequences. 

@RIPPAor @Dolfan in NYCif every day is no strike day, then why the fuck is this trolling allowed to exist or continue? Hopke here knows what the fuck he's doing and it's bullshit. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Fuck this. I'll say it risking whatever consequences. 

@RIPPAor @Dolfan in NYCif every day is no strike day, then why the fuck is this trolling allowed to exist or continue? Hopke here knows what the fuck he's doing and it's bullshit. 

WTF?

Babes and I have decided we need to rewatch the Lord of the Rings again.  Theatrical or the extended version? 

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic

Since we are way off the rails - we will reset with a new thread eventually

But I will address this here - which I normally would do via PM but since folks are choosing not to use that. I am under no delusions that everyone agrees with the way things are done around here but we do our bests.

Contrary to popular belief - and speaking for myself - I don't read every single thread and especially not in real time.

So reading the first time of the thread - my interpretation was that a genuine question was asked (while albeit not understanding the gravity of the situation involved). Then like pretty much every person on the internet - didn't want to do the work themselves and instead wanted a quick summation - especially from people that have been engaged with previously. If I banned everyone for being too lazy to Google - there would be about 3 people left to post here.

Also - the responses given to the initial question again didn't necessarily convey the gravity of the situation hence the continued direction things went.

@Bustronautwas a perfect reply to end things and for everyone to move on. 

Alas that wasn't to be 

• Like 1