DVDVR Message Board

J.T.

Paramount+ has a weird selection of horror films. I watched Case 39 the other night and it cemented my child free lifestyle for me. By the end I was only watching because I'd wasted too much time on it. On the flip side, Jacob's Ladder is still so good. The opening massacre is gross, especially the foot just hanging there.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

When (refuse to say "if") we do Halloween Havoc this year we need to have some kind of jackpot where the booby prize is you have to watch Halloween Kills. 

Yeah, I was thinking that Halloween Kills would be a great idea for the Xanadu prize if SKoS ever put the Summer Blockbuster Pool back together.

• Like 1

God.  Why is it that Dino De Laurentis's reveal of King Kong with Rick Baker wearing a gorilla suit is so much better than Peter Jackson's reveal of King Kong created with millions of dollars of CGI?

That's a rhetorical question.  I already know that the answer is Because Rick Baker with love from the John Barry soundtrack.

Edited by J.T.

WEREWOLVES WITHIN

Director: Josh Ruben

Starring: Sam Richardson, Milana Vayntrub, Cheyenne Jackson, Catherine Curtin, Michaela Watkins

I missed the limited release last Summer because COVID.  Thank God it will debut on Showtime on February 5th.

I suppose you could say this is also a video game adaptation since it is based on:

cover-ps4-werewolves-within.jpg

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

God.  Why is it that Dino De Laurentis's reveal of King Kong with Rick Baker wearing a gorilla suit is so much better than Peter Jackson's reveal of King Kong created with millions of dollars of CGI?

That's a rhetorical question.  I already know that the answer is Because Rick Baker with love from the John Barry soundtrack.

Actual light hitting an actual object FTW. 

• Like 1

What we know about the Hellraiser reboot coming allegedly in 2022:

• It will be exclusively on Hulu. No plans for a theatrical release.
  • Dave Bruckner (The Night House, The Ritual, Super Dark Times) will direct.  At least the relief of knowing there is a decent horror director at the helm.
  • Jamie Clayton (Sense8, The L Word:  Generation Q) will play "Pinhead" and like Doug Bradley's iconic creation, will never directly be referred to as "Pinhead."  Bruckner cast Clayton in the role of because he wants the Cenobites to look more gender neutral / genderless like they are in the novella.

The Hulu movie will be competing against a Hellraiser limited series being developed for HBO Max which supposedly is also in production and should be out sometime this year.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

FROM

Coming to Epix in February.

From the executive producers of Lost, FROM unravels the mystery of a nightmarish town in middle America that traps all those who enter. As the unwilling residents fight to keep a sense of normalcy and search for a way out, they must also survive the threats of the surrounding forest – including the terrifying creatures that come out when the sun goes down.

On 1/27/2022 at 8:59 PM, J.T. said:

WEREWOLVES WITHIN

Director: Josh Ruben

Starring: Sam Richardson, Milana Vayntrub, Cheyenne Jackson, Catherine Curtin, Michaela Watkins

Oooh  I actually watched this a few weeks ago. Nothing earth shattering, but it was a lot of fun actually.  ?  

• Like 1