DVDVR Message Board

Marvel TV (2022)

Marvel Zombies is rated TVMA. I believe that’s 2024? It’s a continuation of the What If episode, and the villains include: Hawkeye, Captain America, Abomination, Captain Marvel, Scarlet Witch, Okoye and Ikaris. Your heroes include: Katy from Shang-Chi, Yelena, Red Guardian, Kate Bishop, Jimmy Woo, Death Dealer, Shang-Chi and Ms. Marvel. Black Widow has her own team, and there is a Skrull biker gang.

What If Season 2 has stories like Odin versus The Mandarin, a Hela story, Tony on Sakaar and Captain Carter meeting the Winter Soldier.

Spider-Man: Freshman Year is… weird. Not connected to the MCU, I guess? It has Daredevil, Amadeus Cho, Norman Osborne (as Peter’s mentor), Dr Strange, Doc Ock and Nico Minuro.

X-Men ‘97 is “Fall 2023”. Same animation style as the original. Magneto has an interesting costume.

Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur is “MCU adjacent”, with Colbie Smulders is returning as Maria Hill. Pretty stacked cast for voice acts, both reoccurring and guest stars:

Slated to premiere in 2023 on Disney Channel and Disney+, the stellar guest cast includes Alison Brie, Andy Cohen, Daveed Diggs, Maya Hawke, Jennifer Hudson, Method Man and Wesley Snipes.

Recurring stars include Omid Abtahi, Utkarsh Ambudkar, Michael Cimino, Indya Moore and Craig Robinson.

Additional guest cast for the series includes: Gideon Adlon, Pamela Adlon, Anna Akana, Ian Alexander, May Calamawy, Wilson Cruz, Asia Kate Dillon, Luis Guzmán, astronaut Dr. Mae Jemison, Josh Keaton, June Diane Raphael, Paul Scheer and Tajinae Turner.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Casey said:

Marvel Zombies is rated TVMA. I believe that’s 2024? It’s a continuation of the What If episode, and the villains include: Hawkeye, Captain America, Abomination, Captain Marvel, Scarlet Witch, Okoye and Ikaris. Your heroes include: Katy from Shang-Chi, Yelena, Red Guardian, Kate Bishop, Jimmy Woo, Death Dealer, Shang-Chi and Ms. Marvel. Black Widow has her own team, and there is a Skrull biker gang.

What If Season 2 has stories like Odin versus The Mandarin, a Hela story, Tony on Sakaar and Captain Carter meeting the Winter Soldier.

Spider-Man: Freshman Year is… weird. Not connected to the MCU, I guess? It has Daredevil, Amadeus Cho, Norman Osborne (as Peter’s mentor), Dr Strange, Doc Ock and Nico Minuro.

X-Men ‘97 is “Fall 2023”. Same animation style as the original. Magneto has an interesting costume.

Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur is “MCU adjacent”, with Colbie Smulders is returning as Maria Hill. Pretty stacked cast for voice acts, both reoccurring and guest stars:

Looking forward to all those but particularly What If. Tony Leung back as Wenwu is a must. Want more of him.

ea04ebe6eafbf04550415bb10d5dcae0687924ec

It would make sense if they’re doing an origin series for Peter Parker, since he was active before Civil War. But where it loses the plot is introducing Doctor Strange, since they didn’t meet until Infinity War (and they recreate the Civil War scene with Tony, May and Peter but replace Tony with Norman Osborne).

52 minutes ago, Matt D said:

It’s out of continuity now, no matter what it began life as.

Marvel.com still touts it as being in the MCU, actually. They don’t clarify if they mean the main “616” universe or some other universe, but yeah.

EDIT: @The Natural go watch the She-Hulk trailer. 

Edited by Casey
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Marvel.com still touts it as being in the MCU, actually. They don’t clarify if they mean the main “616” universe or some other universe, but yeah.

EDIT: @The Natural go watch the She-Hulk trailer. 

Cheers for the tag, @Casey.

Spoiler

FYZFkqEWIAAc5KG?format=jpg&name=small

That's my boy, Matt Murdock/Daredevil played by Charlie Cox! Please don't fuck up Daredevil, Marvel Studios. Daredevil Marvel Netflix is rightly beloved.

• Like 2

Marvel Phase 5 TV:

Secret Invasion, Spring 2023.

Echo, Summer 2023.

Loki Season 2, Summer 2023.

Ironheart, Fall 2023.

Agatha: Coven of Chaos, Winter 2023. Tagging, @Craig H.

Daredevil: Born Again, Spring 2024.

---

FYZDU2eWQAI8c7W?format=jpg&name=small

All about Daredevil: Born Again for me, 18 episodes long. That's one of the biggest pressure projects in Marvel Studios history with the love Daredevil on Netflix received. Matt Murdock is currently trending in the UK.

1 hour ago, Casey said:

It's great and all that Charlie Cox is back as Daredevil, but I really hope Krysten Ritter is brought back as Jessica Jones. Those two ARE those characters.

Yes. Bring back Krysten Ritter as Jessica Jones, Elden Henson as Foggy Nelson, Deborah Ann Woll as Karen Page and Jon Bernthal as The Punisher.

No way would Marvel Studios/Disney + go as dark as David Tennant's Kilgrave so leave him as is. Be interesting to see what if any or not at all from Daredevil Netflix is acknowledged in Daredevil: Born Again.

When I think of the best comic book castings ever, it would be something like:

1. The Joker: Heath Ledger. I was in the very very small minority thrilled by the news.

2. Clark Kent/Superman: Christopher Reeve.

3. Matt Murdock/Daredevil: Charlie Cox.

4. Steve Rogers/Captain America: Chris Evans.

5. Logan/Wolverine: Hugh Jackman.

6. Tony Stark/Iron Man: Robert Downey Jr.

7. Bruce Wayne/Batman: Christian Bale.

8. Wilson Fisk/The Kingpin: Vincent D'Onofrio.

9. Loki: Tom Hiddleston.

10. Thanos: Josh Brolin.

11. Magneto: Ian McKellen.

12. J Jonah Jameson: JK Simmons.

Honourable mention to T'Challa/Black Panther: Chadwick Boseman, Jim Gordon: Gary Oldman and Charles Xavier: Patrick Stewart.

23 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Whoopsie

It would not surprise me if Regé-Jean Page were in talks to appear in Secret Wars, but the deal has not yet been finalized.   Dude is doing a D&D movie so obviously he is in the point of his career where it is time to get more face recognition and make some big budget project cash.  Hitch your wagon to Disney / Marvel like everyone else has.

I am happy that Daredevil will be back and that Charlie Cox and Vincent D'Onofrio will reprise their roles, but 18 episodes?  That's a long fucking series. 

Disney has bitched out and gone episodic like Netflx has to counter binging by account sharers and regular cancellations so at one episode a week, Daredevil will last over five fucking months.  They are really testing my love.

Edited by J.T.