DVDVR Message Board

Marvel TV (2022)

38 minutes ago, Casey said:

The CGI is really bad, hopefully they're still working on that. The face is incredibly weird looking, whereas Smart Hulk looks good (as usual). Weird stuff.

100% getting Daredevil in Yellow & Red in this, though.

Yup.  She looks real Shrek-y.

Anybody else catch David Otunga in the montage of dates?

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Anybody else catch David Otunga in the montage of dates?

Yup

My first watch I was like “wait - I know that dude…” and then I realized it was Otunga on the 2nd pass

Marvel confirms that it’s 9 episodes and Benedict Wong is a part of the main cast - listed alongside Maslany, Ruffalo and Roth.

Have they ever officially referred to the merged Banner/Hulk as Smart Hulk before in promotional material? They do on She-Hulk’s article on the Marvel website.

I assume the CGI will be improved by August, but they did need to get something out there. I'm pretty excited for some of the whackier elements this seems to be embracing...and yes, while not officially confirmed...Frog-Man is here
FS_0LLSWAAEZpgX?format=png&name=360x360

I'm... somewhat confused why we are doing a She-Hulk story when Hulk is already a well adjusted individual. Like, She-Hulks entire thing is contrasting with the out of control regular Hulk. But we are already at "completely has control of his powers because we decided to save time by just having Hulk figure out his major conflict by being off-screen for 5 years" level for Hulk. Not that I'm opposed to She Hulk getting a show, it just feels makes this show seem some what not needed.

CGI doesn't look good, but I wasn't really expecting it too.

I recall the new CG from the Battle of New York flashback with the Chitauri in Hawkeye didn't look great either. Like it looked rough and not as polished as movie that was released over 10 years ago now.

In terms of pacing, Daredevil S1 is the best out of the Netflix bunch. 

Jessica Jones S1 ran out of steam after

Spoiler

Hope kills herself. 

Luke Cage S1 erred by 

Spoiler

killing off Cottonmouth midway through S1 and replacing him with the more convoluted and cliche Diamondback.

I think the first our episodes of Daredevil S1 with the Punisher mini-arc are fantastic. It starts getting messy when mixing in The Hand, Elektra, Stick, etc. There are no satisfying payoffs from S1. We never see Stone again. Nothing is ever properly explained about Black Sky, the Hand's goals are ridiculous. 

I hated Netflix Bullseye for S3. Complete and utter letdown. 

Jessica Jones S2 was like a series of unsatisfying bait and switches, and none of the reveals were cool, satisfying, or interesting. Tons more innocent people die because Jessica is an idiot just like in the first season.

It just felt like in the later Netflix seasons and shows they were stretched thin and didn't really know what they were doing.

Netflix Punisher - Bernthal's casting is perfect, but the writers and producers clearly were uncomfortable with depicting Punisher and didn't know how to rectify his comic book persona with reality, where he's basically the living embodiment of everything people fear of the alt-right. Not to mention, Punisher S1 and S2 has so many dumb tangents and pointless characters and subplots. They did not need 13 episodes for either season.

• Like 1

Outside of the CGI, I think this looks fun.

Also, I'm into the most likely Abomination v She-Hulk/Hulk handicap match, because I feel that is going to happen.

I do miss the harder edged Netflix shows something fierce.  Daredevil Season 1 and Jessica Jones Season 1 are two of my favorite Marvel properties and definitely in my top 5.  That being said, I'm aware that these shows aren't really "made for me", but im loving them anyway.  My daughter is unbelievably excited for Ms. Marvel and I can't wait to show her this trailer too.  Between the amazing womens wrestling we're currently getting and the influx of female superheroes in the mainstream media, she's overwhelmed with positive female representation.  I have no doubt I'll be adding to her Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman and Black Widow wall decorations in short order.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, The Natural said:

@Bustronaut: What did you think to She-Hulk: Attorney at Law trailer knowing she's two of your favourite characters? Best wishes, Paul xxx.

I'm cautiously optimistic.  I do worry that she'll be Lil' Jen too much, but I understand the issues with having your main character be CG on a TV budget.  The shot at the end with her going to a fight in a T-shirt and jean shorts was wonderful

• Like 2

Look, I'm a sucker for Law and Order, so I just really want half of this to really be some courtroom drama stuff. I think I can look past how Shrek-y she looks as long as everything else is good. I'm still more pumped for Ms. Marvel, but I'm also looking forward to this a lot.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Is anyone interested in this? Are the Netflix seasons any good? Someone let me know. 

I am debating if this is sarcastic or not

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Unsurprising: New Daredevil stuff coming to D+ with Matt Corman and Chris Ord (Covert Affairs) writing and executive producing, per Variety. 

Covert Affairs was not a good TV show.

Edited by Casey

Lots of people on Social Media are upset that She Hulk is so lean, and not inhumanly overmuscled. Not quite Sonic the Hedgehog levels of social media fury, but it's something.

2 hours ago, AxB said:

Lots of people on Social Media are upset that She Hulk is so lean, and not inhumanly overmuscled. Not quite Sonic the Hedgehog levels of social media fury, but it's something.

FTJbebwUUBMRHlf?format=jpg&name=small

This is why.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1