DVDVR Message Board

Marvel TV (2022)

Going to wait to watch the trailer with the 9 year old. She's read the entirety of the first Ms. Marvel series as well as some Champions and other things. 

The flip side is that we're probably not waiting to watch No Way Home with her now that it's available digitally because getting 3 hours straight after school today before she goes to bed is not happening. We'll see.

That Ms. Marvel trailer put the biggest smile on my face and a tear to my eye. Like, holy crap, they really pulled it off. It's pretty rare where I'll watch a trailer and even the hairs on my arms are raised. The energy embiggen powers look great. Hell, everything looks great.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, The Natural said:

FN9IXVmWQAIc0EJ?format=jpg&name=900x900

Welcome home, Daredevil. The best thing in the whole Marvel Cinematic Universe and the best live action Marvel ever specifically Season 1 and Season 3.

Sort of weird how in 2012 it felt like Daredevil came home the first time. 10 years later, here we are again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It’s two scenes from Falcon & Winter Soldier. It’s not like they edited US Agent’s bloody shield or anything. The first scene was Zemo killing the super serum scientist, and the other was an impaling to the shoulder with a steel pipe by Bucky.

My theory is they’re testing out having “edited” shows on profiles that don’t have TVMA ratings enabled.

8 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I see people are saying that Disney is now going back and "cleaning up" scenes" from MCU shows and taking out blood and other such things. 

They better leave Daredevil alone.... 

• Like 2

Out of the Marvel Netflix shows on Disney±, I noticed today Daredevil is the only 18. The rest are 16. Figured The Punisher would be 18 with what I've heard from people about it including Adam who is like a brother to me.

Nothing wrong with that at all. It'll be lighthearted, which makes sense given that she's the 3rd young MCU hero we've had so far (Spidey was like 14/15 in Civil War, I'm pretty sure). America Chavez will be a teen as well, so that's the second (Ms. Marvel being the 3rd).

I don't count Speed and Wiccan from WandaVision since they don't actually exist in the sacred timeline (yet). Kate Bishop is in her early 20s I believe. Shuri is a grey area, since she's either 16 or 18 in Black Panther, it's not clear. Ironheart/Riri Williams is 15 in the comics I believe, but who knows if they'll age her up in Wakanda Forever/her solo series. I don't think I'm missing any, but I might be.

Edited by Casey

On 4/5/2022 at 4:30 PM, odessasteps said:

Ms Marvel will be the first MCU show since the first episodes of Wandavision to be TV PG and not TV 14, like the rest of the Marvel TV shows. 

Yeah, Marvel content is really making Disney wrestle with its kid friendly image. 

Sure, I understand trying to stick to your core values, but the nostalgia target demographic for a show like Moon Knight are going to be old fucks like me that remember when Moon Knight first hit the stacks.   TV-PG is a perfectly fine rating.  We want to see these characters placed in a more adult setting.

She-Hulk will not be She-Hulk if She-Hulk does not make her rounds through the Marvel superstrong dude roster.

On 4/5/2022 at 4:30 PM, odessasteps said:

I see people are saying that Disney is now going back and "cleaning up" scenes" from MCU shows and taking out blood and other such things. 

I'm guessing that "other such things" is code for "Luke Cage banging Jessica Jones in the butthole."

Edited by J.T.

I’m pretty sure Jessica Jones hasn’t been edited at all, since I just finished S1 again a few days ago. And I’m starting Daredevil and dude definitely impales himself on a spike and it’s gross.

• Like 1

Ryan Coogler has been named as an executive producer of Ironheart

Sam Bailey (Dear White People, Grown-ish) and Angela Barnes (Mythic Quest, One Day at a Time) have been named as the directors

• Like 1

Alright, well my opinion of Daredevil has changed - for now. I’m on the season one finale, and it’s been great so far. I think on the original run I checked out when Stick showed up, because that whole backstory didn’t really interest me, but I’ve been rewatching it since last week and it’s pretty great. I’ve never disputed that Charlie Cox is definitely a great Daredevil or anything, for the record!

Pacing is definitely better than Jessica Jones S1, since towards the end of that first season for her show it felt like they were stretching it out to fill time. But I guess that’s the benefit of a character like Kingpin, where you know he’s not going to be a one and done villain for a season, unlike Kilgrave.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Casey said:

Alright, well my opinion of Daredevil has changed - for now. I’m on the season one finale, and it’s been great so far. I think on the original run I checked out when Stick showed up, because that whole backstory didn’t really interest me, but I’ve been rewatching it since last week and it’s pretty great. I’ve never disputed that Charlie Cox is definitely a great Daredevil or anything, for the record!

Pacing is definitely better than Jessica Jones S1, since towards the end of that first season for her show it felt like they were stretching it out to fill time. But I guess that’s the benefit of a character like Kingpin, where you know he’s not going to be a one and done villain for a season, unlike Kilgrave.

You've seen the light. Welcome to the party, pal!