DVDVR Message Board

Marvel TV (2022)

10 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

The first season at least, and part of Season 2. 

It's really close between Daredevil Season 1 and Season 3. I'd marginally rate the former the higher. The best live action Marvel's ever done. Season 2 had its moments but it's definitely a sizeable step down from Season 1 and Season 3.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

It's really close between Daredevil Season 1 and Season 3. I'd marginally rate the former the higher. The best live action Marvel's ever done. Season 2 had its moments but it's definitely a sizeable step down from Season 1 and Season 3.

I quite honestly don't like Season 3 very much. But that's just my opinion *shrug*.

I thought the prison riot fight was weak and sloppy and the weakest of the single-take/single-shot fight scenes. I hated Netflix Bullseye. 

4 hours ago, Casey said:

Jessica Jones S1 is better, fight me.

I think the first half of Jessica Jones is great, but I think it loses direction in the last few episodes. They clearly seemed to struggle with figuring out how to solve the Kilgrave problem. 

Luke Cage, first half of the season is great up until the big switcheroo. 

• Like 2

Luke Cage was disappointing because it did start so good.

Jones season 1 had probably the scariest Marvel villain we've seen in live action.

Iron Fist was a show that happened.

I liked all three seasons of Daredevil, but agree that it took a dip in season 2.

• Like 2

Seasons 1 & 3 or Daredevil are the best. S2 started off well with the Punisher arc, but fell off hard and never really came back.

Jessica Jones S1 was great with one of the top 3 villains we have had in all live action Marvel. I would put it under DD S1 & S3 because it had the issue of having more episodes than needed. The subsequent seasons don't really compare.

Its been a while, but I recall thinking S2 of Luke Cage was better overall than S1. I liked S1 a good deal. Never had an issue with the villain switch though it could have been better executed.

Iron Fist was so disappointing. 

Neither season of Punisher was great though I did like S2 more.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

Kinda impressed they're not being coy and putting these shows on Hulu or whatever, because some of those shows are WAY more violent than anything you'd normally expect on D+.

All of the Hulu stuff will 100% get moved to Disney Plus in the future. Even if it sucks, like MODOK or Helstrom. They already did it with Runaways. Marvel's only streaming home is going to be D+ eventually. Plus all they did was update their parental controls to accommodate this influx of shows.

• Like 2

I still contend that Defenders up through the Chinese restaurant scene is as good as anything Marvel did on Netflix.  The rest of the season just drags it way, way down.

• Like 2

Disney CEO Bob Chapek confirmed today that Ms. Marvel is the next TV show after Moon Knight and then She Hulk would be after that.

(I guess some folks were reporting that She Hulk was gonna jump Ms. Marvel hence why this became a story)

15 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

The Moon Knight Executive Producer:

Spin? Obfuscation? 

I think it’s more that you don’t need to know anything coming in, not that it won’t lead to other things. But very different from the other shows in that regard.

It was already in the RIP thread but I just wanted to mention here that William Hurt passed away.

For some reason I thought he was scheduled to reprise his role as Thaddeus Ross in Armor Wars but he isn't listed in the credits so far so that might have been a fever dream on my part

20 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Ms. Marvel

June 8

alright, I was already digging the vibes and stylization of that trailer, and then they showed the powers and I don't HATE it now that I've seen it... and then that last shot sealed the deal for me. I'm all in for this, fuck yeah.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1