DVDVR Message Board

Marvel TV (2022)

Just saw it now. I was hoping that they went with something along the line of the recent Jeff Lemire run

Spoiler

Marc Spector (a.k.a. Moon Knight/Jake Lockley/Steven Grant) has been fighting criminals and keeping New York City safe for years... or has he? When he wakes up in an insane asylum with no powers and a lifetime's worth of medical records, his whole identity (identities) are called into question. Something is wrong, but is that something Marc Spector himself?

And it looks like they have to some degree, that same sort of psychological/cerebral thriller (which, if you're keeping score, is yet another genre Marvel's now hitting that they haven't really done before) vibe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

Just saw it now. I was hoping that they went with something along the line of the recent Jeff Lemire run

Reveal hidden contents

Marc Spector (a.k.a. Moon Knight/Jake Lockley/Steven Grant) has been fighting criminals and keeping New York City safe for years... or has he? When he wakes up in an insane asylum with no powers and a lifetime's worth of medical records, his whole identity (identities) are called into question. Something is wrong, but is that something Marc Spector himself?

And it looks like they have to some degree, that same sort of psychological/cerebral thriller (which, if you're keeping score, is yet another genre Marvel's now hitting that they haven't really done before) vibe.

Def leaning into the horror vibe we’re. Supposed to be getting from Strange.

It was mentioned in the other thread but I will mention it here since it is specific to Moon Knight

Gaspard Ulliel passed away at the age of 37 after a ski accident.

He is playing Anton Mogart/Midnight Man in Moon Knight

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Casey said:

All of the Marvel shows on Netflix are leaving on March 1st.

FLS5G2eVUAAgEA_?format=jpg&name=large

FLS5G2dVEAELtoH?format=jpg&name=large

Damn. I love Daredevil Season 1, liked Daredevil Season 2 even though it's a big step down from its predecessor and successor, Daredevil Season 3 which I loved. Still think DD S1 and DD S3 are the best live actions Marvel's ever done. Sucks some Marvel Netflix haven't had physical media releases, DD S3 the biggest omission.

Edited by The Natural

3 hours ago, Casey said:

Apparently Agents of SHIELD is leaving Netflix on March 1st too. An announcement on the destination for those shows is expected pretty soon according to Deadline.

I’d say Hulu, but who knows.

I still need to see Agents of SHIELD final season, watched the first three episodes and never went back. I also have to watch What If...? Ep 3-9.

For Marvel Netflix, I'd say it will go to Disney+ via Star in the UK.

Notes about Loki Season 2

6 episodes again

Justin Benson and Aaron Moorhead, who directed Moon Knight, will direct "multiple episodes"

Eric Martin - who was a writer on 5 of Loki S1 episodes - will write all 6 episodes

Both Gugu Mbatha-Raw and Owen Wilson have confirmed they will be back

• Like 7