DVDVR Message Board

IMPACT WRESTLING - 2022

I really wish they'd stop staging the production of this show the same way for every TV and PPV. Main issue being the hardcam facing their Titan Tron on every show. Are the crowds so pitiful that they can't do a hard cam from one of the sides? I would absolutely love if they stopped trying to look like a shitty cheap version of Raw. Further, why do they even tour this group? Wouldn't it be much more cost effective to tape everything in the same place? The buildings all look the same and the crowds seem to be the same half interested group wherever they go.

• Sad 1

Went back and watched Against All Odds from last Friday. Couldn't really enjoy it the first time through as I was having a horrible allergy flare-up during the show. Overall, I thought it was a good show. Solid wrestling, fun matches and it kept me entertained throughout. I'd recommend checking out MCMG vs. Chris Bey & Ace Austin and also Speedball vs. Trey Miguel. Callihan and Moose in the House of Fun match was a fun (no pun intended) chaotic brawl. I though the main event of Alexander vs. Doering was a bit boring.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

Impact's facebook page is advertising ImpactSurvey2022.com and says you get a $25 gift card to ShopIMPACT for completing the quick survey.

3 hours ago, Web Conn said:

I did it and they are sending my gift card to my email within 7 days 

I just did as well after seeing both your guy's posts. 

• Like 1

I am not sure if Killer Kelly is doing an Amy Winehouse gimmick but it is good that she is back in the states. 

Shame that IMPACT is in the middle of nowhere in terms of viewing because they are building a really good roster with all these new additions.  In addition to the stars they currently have.

• Like 2

On 7/8/2022 at 7:55 AM, hammerva said:

I am not sure if Killer Kelly is doing an Amy Winehouse gimmick but it is good that she is back in the states. 

Shame that IMPACT is in the middle of nowhere in terms of viewing because they are building a really good roster with all these new additions.  In addition to the stars they currently have.

Yeah, the Killer Kelly promo starts off interesting and then, what, a tease for Nudity? A shining example of how out of touch Impact's creative is. And the reason this really great roster you mention (I completely agree) are seen by so few.  It's astonishing how this company continues to recycle the same awful DRAMATIC skits over and over and over again. All while failing to capitalize on the terrific in ring performances happening week in and week out. It's not entirely fair to say the booking is bad, they plot out some good matches, but the insistence on melodrama (badly written, weakly performed) in between every bout is killing any shot this company has of growing their audience.

• Sad 1