DVDVR Message Board

IMPACT WRESTLING - 2022

51 minutes ago, Casey said:

Cassie Lee & Jessie McKay are stepping away from Impact and pro wrestling as a whole "indefinitely"

Ah, sorry to hear that.  I'd never seen them prior to Impact.  They have such incredible presence and add a nice bit of 'showbizz-pizzazz/comedy' to the shows they're on.  I'd love for them to make an 'Elite' return at some point.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Ah, sorry to hear that.  I'd never seen them prior to Impact.  They have such incredible presence and add a nice bit of 'showbizz-pizzazz/comedy' to the shows they're on.  I'd love for them to make an 'Elite' return at some point.

It's worth it to do a YouTube dive on the iiconics back stage stage and character stuff from wwe.  In ring they can be dicey at best but give them a mic or have them do character stuff and it's gold Jerry, gold.

Billie McKay 's bit where she was trying to join the riott squad was great. 

• Like 1

Cathy Kelly has said several times that the reason she couldn't keep a straight face during the post Rumble interview was because it was totally improvised by the IIconics

• Like 2

On 4/26/2022 at 12:07 PM, DEAN said:

Madison Raine making fun of Gia Miller's accent is my new favorite thing.

I feel like Gia's accent is notable because folks with that thick of an accent don't get on TV too often. I don't think its as pronounced as when she first started but it's still there (and should stay BTW).

• Like 1

Watching Pluto and The November 16 2007 IMPACT! came on so I decided to write about it 

The show starts off with Cornette at the announcers desk, moments ago before the show aired mind you and tell Mike and Don and tells them not to mention the two people in the Genesis main event as they didn’t sign contracts and their will be legal trouble but they are signing contracts tonight on TV!

We then get the opening video and the  Kurt Angle, his wife Karen and AJ Styles and stinking come to the ring to talk. This is the official coronation of the Angle Alliance. Angle is great as the out of touch delusional heel the crowd boos him. Kevin Nash comes out. Kurt turned on him on the PPV. Kurt and his boys beat down Nash until Alex Shelley Chris Sabin Jay Lethal Sonjay Dutt Shark Boy Chris Harris And LAX run out and make the save for Nash.

Christian Cage shows up to the IMPACT! Zone in a Porsche and we go to break.

Back from break Kevin Nash is on the phone with someone.

Then we get the opening contest, The Rock and Rave Infection Vs LAX. Match was fine, Hernandez dove out of the ring onto Lance Hoyt. The crowd was hot for LAX like really hot for everything they did so of course Jimmy Rave rolled Homicide for the 3 after Christie Hemme distracted the former. The crowd was dead for that. LAX beats Rave up after the match. Christi gets involved again Homicide teases like he’s gonna hit her Then a mysterious figure shows up hits Christi with a slapjack and that’s that. 

Team 3D cut a promo backstage and they are gonna execute a guy? Atleast that’s what it looks like the house a guy on his knees with a hood over his head. They’ve commandeered the X Division Title and have a list of demands. This turns into Bubba is fat jokes quickly. 

Crystal is backstage with Christian Cage. It’s been a rough one for Christian, he lost to Kaz and his two boys are now Kurt’s two boys. His promos weird it’s an impassioned babyface promo but Christian is still acting as a heel. Shades of grey bro.

Kurts defending the World Title against Kaz in tonight’s main event.

Second match of the night is a mixed tag match Robert Roode and Ms Brooks Vs Gail Kim and Chris Harris. There’s a female “fan” in the crowd with a sign for Roode which doesn’t sit well with Ms Brooks. Harris is announced as Gail’s opponent not partner. That was at over dubbed on a taped show. Gail and Brooks start and they chain wrestle and it’s not bad and the crowd is into but then of course we got to start over booking. Roode makes Brooks sit down in a chair at ringside and “watch how it’s done”. Roodes a little too aggressive with Brooks which doesn’t age well with 2022 eyes. There is a great camera shot of Brooks looking pissed off and the female “fan” looking seductively at Robert Roode. Roode thinks he’s gonna get the better of Gail and Gail gets the better of him, that perks Brooks up. Chris Harris tags in and we go to break shortly after. Back from break Harris is in offensive control against Roode. Brooks is still time out at ringside. And we get more camera shots of the “fan” at ringside. Roode regains offensive control with a DDT. He orders Brooks gives him the chair she teases him won’t give him the chair he gets the chair. Ref isn’t looking Roode Bonks Harris with the 3 and gets the 3. Roode hits Harris with the chair after the match he’s gonna break Harris’ arm and Brooks gets in the way. She slaps Roode and slaps him again and then a 3rd time. She rips up the “fans” sign, pulls her over the guardrail and starts beating her up as security separates them. A lot of shit happened in the two segments of this match. 

Crystal meets up with Scott Hall in the parking lot. His wearing an Insane Clown Posse hockey jersey. Crystal says “Scott we know Nash was on the phone with you earlier”. Scott neither confirms nor denies this.

Cornette is in his office brow beating Matt Morgan cuz Matt was in charge for two weeks and it all went to hell. Lance Hoyt and Jimmy Rave want Cornette to do something cuz Homicide struck Christie. I missed that. It looked to me like the other guy did it. 

Team 3D then make their way to the ring. With the guy in the hood. Brother Ray calls out the X division so Shelley Sabin and Lethal come out to the ramp and we get, talking. A lot of talk about Hostess Ding Dongs. More Bubba is fat jokes. Theirs a your mothers a whore joke tooZ whose writing this. The crowd taunts Brother Ray with That Was Awesome chants. Johnny Devine is unceremoniously reveled to be the guy under the hood. Jay Lethal wants his X Division Belt back. Ray mentions theirs a traitor in the x division as Shark Boy and Sonjay make the save. Johnny Devine is freed grabs a kendo stick and turns on his fellow x division wrestlers. Mike Tenay uses the term swerve on commentary. Team 3D and Devine lay waste to the x division as we end the segment. Once again a lot of stuff happened.

JB is backstage with AJ and Tomko and mentions Christian. AJ says it’s all a big misunderstanding. He wants everybody to get along. 

Hall and Nash are BSing backstage

Theirs a Judas Messias Video Package.

Scott Hall and Kevin Nash come out to the ring to talk. Scott Hall does a Hey Yo. Crowd chants you still got it. They haven’t done anything. Nash says Turning Point it’s The Angle Alliance Vs Hall Nash and a mystery partner that will be revealed by the end of the night that’s it thats the segment.

We then get a video package of the debut of Rellik (that’s killer spelt backwards) at Genesis. 

Third match Rellik (Killer spelt backwards) vs Black Reign vs Abyss. Rellik and Reign start of double teaming Abyss. The crowd boos this. Rellik Is a subordinate of Black Reigns for better or worse. Abyss gains offensive control to the crowds delight. We get a little miscommunication trouble in paradise between Reign and Rellik before we go to break. Let me get this straight, Rellik showed up at the PPV helped Reign beat Abyss now only five days later with nothing prompting it theirs already troubled between the two? In a match with both of them against Abyss, the match they worked together to successfully defeat at said PPV five days before hand. Back from break and there’s still friction between Rellik and Reigns as they are beating up Abyss. Abyss makes a comeback and the crowds behind it. IMPACT! Zone loved them some Abyss. Abyss wins after a Blackhole Slam on Rellik. Reign hits Abyss with some sort of club like weapon right after the match is over. Rellik brings in a chair and they beat up Abyss. Three Matches and they all end with someone getting beat up afterwards. Rhino runs in and cleans fucking house. Crowd is pleased by this. Rhino was always over in the IMPACT! Zone.

JB is backstage with Kurt Angle. Normal comedic antics. Kurt calls Hall and Nash over the hill. He kind of over looks Kaz. Don’t under estimate him Kurt it might bite you in the ass. 

Match four Awesome Kong vs Alexa Jade. Jade doesn’t get an introduction. I watched the Impact before Genesis last week on Pluto and Jade wrestled Gail Kim on that episode. Speaking of Gail Kim, Kong is carrying an 8x10 of Gail Kim. Guess she’s aiming for the queen, bes not miss. Kong wind after a sit out powerbomb. Match was short and Kong dominates. Gail Kim comes out and calls out along. Gail and Kong start brawling as the refs try to hold them back. King ends up clotheslining Gail and then a sit out powerbomb. That was pretty cool. Gail looks like a badass going up against Kong. She’s fearless.

TNA’s two newest acquisitions will be revealed next.

Jim Cornette is in the ring there’s a desk too. So these mystery people can sign TNA contracts. Cornette brings out Booker T and his wife Sharmell. I never liked TNA’s theme. It was like a knock off of his iconic WWE theme it’s not like it is a knock off of his WWE theme. Booker and Sharmell are dressed to the 9’s as they say. This is a big occasion for them. Booker thanks the fans and they thank him back. Sharmell and Booker TNA as he called himself sign TNA contracts. It’s official Booker T is signed to TNA. Cornette asks Booker what his plans are in TNA before he can answer Christian Cage interrupts. Christian wants to say hello to his old friend. Christian takes jabs at Triple H and then pretty much says he runs things in TNA and if Booker gets any ideas he’s got to get through him. Christian calls Sharmell a “nappy headed ho” and Booker cleans his clock as he should. That was a bad segment. Mike and Don talked about the two new acquisitions all night not by name of course, Booker seems like a big deal coming in and Christian was at this point in his TNA career in a gate keeper position so it’s a solid first feud for Booker.

Theres a really good video package for Kaz making him look like he stands a chance against Kurt tonight highlighting his win over Christian to get the title shot.

JB is now backstage with Kaz. Kaz is focused and determined tonight.

Match Number Five and our main event TNA World Heavyweight Champion defends against Kaz. This match was good. Like really good. Kaz looked like a million bucks in there with Kurt. I don’t want to make comparisons but in a way it could have been a Flair-Sting moment. Kaz won a tournament that included a reverse battle Royal seeding process, a single elimination tournament and then a ladder match finals. Suffice to say the man earned his title shot. TNA could have had their first true homegrown star I mean some one that could potentially done some business had that ceased the opportunity and strapped the rocket on him after this match. He gives Kurt a run for his money. It’s a really good match like I said. At one point Karen distracts the ref Kurt with the low blow angle slam goes for the 3. Kaz kicks out they had me I thought it was over. Kaz hit Kurt with a Spanish Fly. That was cool. Crowd chanted This Awesome. Kaz attempts a Wave of the Future Kurt counters it into a DDT puts in the guillotine choke that progresses into a pin. That’s how Kurt wins. It was sudden and unexpected and not in a good way. It felt kind of rushed. Kaz let’s Kurt know he was inches from eating Kaz’s finisher. Kurt doesn’t like this. Kurt and Kaz get in each other’s faces. Hall and Nash come out attack Kurt this brings out AJ and Tomko Samoa Joe runs out clears the ring and Joe is Hall and Nash’s parter.

Show ends with a music video highlighting the video. 

I liked shit on this show especially the main event and the contract signing but like everything is so rushed and there’s so much shit going on that 1. It’s hard to keep up and 2. Something you start off liking ends up so fucked you end up not liking it.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Wee Bey said:

It is crazy to watch the outside forces of Impact, NJPW, AEW, and the rest of the pro wrestling world slowly collapse the bubble surrounding the WWE universe.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, J.T. said:

It is crazy to watch the outside forces of Impact, NJPW, AEW, and the rest of the pro wrestling world slowly collapse the bubble surrounding the WWE universe.

How so? WWE is still very much on its own while the pro-wrestling world outside of it always existed and had periods of working together.