DVDVR Message Board

IMPACT WRESTLING - 2022

Hard to Kill is a good 007 movie.  

Also, it's the next Impact ppv, next week!

I'll still contend that the only reason the former Big Cass hasn't been sued for millions is because Morrissey the singer is too busy being a depressed asshole to everyone on his staff, so they haven't told him about it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Hard to Kill is a good 007 movie.  

Also, it's the next Impact ppv, next week!

I'll still contend that the only reason the former Big Cass hasn't been sued for millions is because Morrissey the singer is too busy being a depressed asshole to everyone on his staff, so they haven't told him about it. 

Can he even do anything about someone using their real name in pro wrestling? I mean the W isn't his literal first name, but still..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ramo2653 said:

Going back to Su Yung being pregnant, since she took the souls of Brandi Lauren and Kimber Lee, are their contacts up and they're moving on or is something else up?

I'm not for sure, but that's the way it came off. Kimber tweeted about accepting bookings last week that she would "have a lot of free time next year". I assume Brandi wasn't under contract since she was generally just around to take losses.

On a related note, Rohit Raju just announced that he is a free agent as of today. A shame if he's done with Impact as he had a great run and was often a highlight.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2022 at 3:34 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Who be it for me to say how a person lives and deals with such heavy illness?  He's battled throat Cancer alongside a plethora of health issues.  He also lost his beloved mother in 2021.  Morrissey has certainly had some odd behaviour in recent years, but it's hard as a fan not to contemplate how affecting these huge factors have been.  And all that said, I can't say I haven't felt disappointed by some of his choices.      

William Morrissey is a better name than W Morrissey.  I'd never seen him prior to this current run, but he has tremendous presence on Impact.    

Rohit Raju I don't know well, but his in ring work is commendable.  The match v Alexander in particular was strong.  

Edited by HarryArchieGus

On 1/2/2022 at 8:03 PM, Ramo2653 said:

Going back to Su Yung being pregnant, since she took the souls of Brandi Lauren and Kimber Lee, are their contacts up and they're moving on or is something else up?

Kimber Lee said she is still signed. 

• Like 1

Young Boy Tom is a good get.  I forgot he was even available.

I'm so far behind, I'm working through shows where fans are just returning.  I'm surprised by how many women and children are in the crowd.  This Edwards/Morrissey match at Homecoming has one side of the crowd filled with kids losing their minds for Edwards.  I've never seen little kids reach through the guardrails to try to pick their guy up off the floor before.  I swear they called an audible and changed the finish because of the way these kids were reacting.  Eddie Edwards is for the kids.

I don't know who the intergender stuff is for.  It's not over at all.

I once heard Kenny Omega's promos described as if an alien were mimicking human communication.  That was a generous description.

IMPACT's been a real generous partner with the forbidden door stuff.  A little too generous, really.

I got no use for babyface Cardona and sober Chelsea Green.  Get 'em both sloshed, already.

They should bring in Johnny Curtis and put him with Swinger and have him do the original gimmick they brought Swinger in to do.  Especially, since they can probably pay it off now.

The Influence should call themselves the Interim Knockouts Tag Team Champions.  They should bring in The Allure and have a 3-way mean girl tag team feud.

I jumped ahead to 1984 and Throwback Throwdown II.  Nowhere near as good as the first.  I don't feel good about this company's chances of stopping Junior's expansion.  I can't believe they did this live and thought 3 hours was a good idea.  Way too much Sex Ferguson and the Talk'n Shop crew.  The Talk'n Shop stuff has a real short shelf-life.  S.T.O.M.P. In Paradise doesn't make any sense without the action figure context and doesn't work when they've got 90s water guns in 1984.  This needed more wacky eighties music videos and backstage promos.  Morrissey should've been Bill Ding, Jr.  He could've worn his regular gear.

Some of these guys should maybe just stick with these gimmicks.  Larry D as Badlands Bart.  Rohit Raju as Quincy Cosmos looked like a star.  Ladybird running her opponent into her love tunnel and mouthing off at the crowd is more fun than Havok in Decay.  Scovelli, Sr.'s a hell of a promo.  I wish he were running IMPACT.

• Like 2

Let me ask a dumb and probably easily-answered question...is Impact working in front of crowds for their TV tapings yet or is it still an empty studio show?  I just switched back to Sling, who has AXS, and would love to watch their stuff but I can't deal with watching a show that looks like the AWA Team Challenge Series.

• Like 1