DVDVR Message Board

2022 Pro-Wrestling Merchandise Thread

Kang

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Just when you thought the CYN people had mellowed out when they decided to sell herb at their shows.  No it is actual seasoning.   ?   I guess this appeals to the people who goes to AEW shows in order to buy JR BBQ sauce

This doesn't quite line up with their branding.  Seems like they're trying to cater to the type of person who finds a bit of black pepper a bit too spicy.

• Thanks 1

The least you can do is mention that this tied to MJF vs Punk.  but of course not it is a plain white T shirt (which knowing PWTees probably feels like paper) with a picture of a kid with blood all over his face.    You are basically hoping that people will stare at the shirt long enough to notice it is CM Punk.    That shirt should come with a sign that you are legally required to put in your front yard

• Haha 1

AEW stuff announced yesterday:

--

Wrestling Buddies: Jon Moxley, Pentagon, Sting, MJF, CM Punk, Rey Fenix, Chris Jericho

Unmatched Series 5: Darby Allin (LJN figure), Shawn Spears (Pinnacle), Kenny Omega (in the outfit where he accepted Hangman's 10 man tag challenge earlier in 2021), Sammy Guevara (Blood & Guts gear), Bryan Danielson, Red Velvet

Unmatched Series 6: Brodie Lee, Malakai Black, Ruby Riott, Santana, Ortiz and Owen Hart (Luminaries Collection)

Unmatched Series 7: CM Punk, Pentagon, Rey Fenix, Thunder Rosa, PAC and motherfucking HOOK

Unrivaled Series 10: Wardlow (Pinnacle gear), Miro, Andrade (w/ Death mask), Jake Hager (Blood & Guts gear), Taz (very round!) & Britt Baker

Unrivaled Series 11: Jungle Boy, Darby Allin, Kip Sabian, Penelope Ford, Chris Jericho (Blood & Guts gear), Adam Cole

Unrivaled Series 12: Jon Moxley, FTR, Private Party & Jamie Hayter

Unrivaled: Supreme Collection Series 1: Cody & Britt Baker

Unrivaled: Supreme Collection Series 2: Kenny Omega & Malakai Black

ShopAEW Exclusives: Chris Jericho, Kenny Omega, Jon Moxley

GameStop Exclusives: Young Bucks & Kenny Omega (FyterFest 2019 as Ryu, Ken & Akuma), Kenny Omega as Akuma in a Wrestling Buddy form

Ringside Collectibles Exclusive: Brodie Lee & Negative One two-pack

--

EDIT: For those wondering, the Supreme Collection is their version of Mattel's WWE Ultimate Edition figures. A dude from Jazwares was showing Britt Baker her figure and he mentioned the price point being around $40.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

FNUjCjaVIAUWfvf?format=jpg&name=large

Come on Junkshopdog, release the figure!!!

(I know it's because their shipping container was delayed, I'm just taking the piss. But still ?)

Edited by Casey

On 3/10/2022 at 12:22 AM, Sammo~! said:

And...its gone because the English commentator for NOAH'S Wrestle Universe streams pitched a fit about it being an unlicensed shirt on Twitter. 

I know the overwhelming majority of the limited-run "fan service" shirts aren't clearing any likeness rights but I can't imagine anyone is making enough money selling these things to make it worth being such a dustup. I can't imagine anyone is making a full-time living selling fan art shirts featuring the favorite wrestlers of 1990s AJPW tape traders. 

• Like 6

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Likeness rights? That shirt barely has any likenesses! Seriously, I had to look at the colors behind them to figure out who was who. 

Also, there are two NOAH commentators, and one of them posts in the Japan thread. Hope it wasn't him. 

It was.