DVDVR Message Board

DC Comics - 2022

Dolfan in NYC

Not much remains of Future State besides seom obivous polot points and pushes.

Some think the non Batman line may be further shrunk down post DCOIE,  WBD may change the previous plan of having many non batman books post the event.

17 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

Some think the non Batman line may be further shrunk down post DCOIE,  WBD may change the previous plan of having many non batman books post the event.

Since DC absolutely insists on having 100 Batman series in publication, why don't they make one of them a team-up book so that they can feature non Batman-characters and keep these characters from disappearing completely?

4 minutes ago, twiztor said:

Since DC absolutely insists on having 100 Batman series in publication, why don't they make one of them a team-up book so that they can feature non Batman-characters and keep these characters from disappearing completely?

Team Up books fell out of vogue. Best to do those event books that sell these days with bunch of characters.

Edited by Blue Dragon

I think there are a number of choices about which I would not qubble: silver age (shooter), levitz/Griffen, Baxter (if you want to split them up), Giffen/Bierbaums, ZH/SW6, Peyer/McCraw, A&L, Waid. Can't remember reading anything too modern. Some of those probably overlap. 

Edited by odessasteps

In DCOIE she's walking but she's Oracle. 

Seems Bendis Legion is getting the boot.  I guess that may erase out Jonathan Kent's Legion stint. The next Legion is connected to the JSA and it is maybe set in the year 3040? I wonder if they take the retroboot Legion but make it more Golden Age inspired. Or maybe not.

If the Infinite Multiverse is coming back, then they may get rid of Morrison's version. Basically another deboot but outside of the dimension of Earth 0.

Flashpoint Beyond will introduce the Flashpoint Beyond effect. The Blue Shift has something to do with ominiverses and hypertime clashing.

The Meta Earth from Doomsday Clock which also creates realities is also being used in the Flashpoint Beyond series.

i LOVE alternate universe stories. seeing different but familiar characters in unfamiliar settings is pretty much my favorite thing about comics.

that being said, stories ABOUT the multiverse are generally dumb. why does DC make such a big deal out of rationalizing when they have an "infinite multiverse" or "only 52 universes" or "one true universe" or anything in between? does anybody besides hardcore continuity fanboys even care how many universes are in the DC verse?

• Like 1

It's a long tradition going back to even pre-crisis. It's basically multiversal teams up.

Also editorial demands and sale boosts and event money and too many more reasons to list are why they do those events.

Each reboots that came later and their stories pretty much kept DC existing as a company all these years later. Lucky however Dark Crisis has no reboot that comes after.

Been lot of throwing out of Didio's limit rules since they got rid of him.

On 8/31/2022 at 11:37 PM, Blue Dragon said:

It's a long tradition going back to even pre-crisis. It's basically multiversal teams up.

Also editorial demands and sale boosts and event money and too many more reasons to list are why they do those events.

Each reboots that came later and their stories pretty much kept DC existing as a company all these years later. Lucky however Dark Crisis has no reboot that comes after.

i understand why they do these big multiversal events. i don't even have a problem with that. But when the events seem to revolve specifically around "fixing" continuity, it ultimately is a solution to a problem that just causes more problems.

And, again, who freaking cares if there's *EXACTLY* 52 universes, or 100, or unlimited? Even when they have a set number of universes, they don't follow that so it is completely meaningless.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I'm such a child of the post-crisis DCU. I would be perfectly happy if I never see another DC multiverse story in my life.

Whereas I’m a child of the pre Crisis multiverse where you could explain it in one panel every year during the JLA/JSA crossover.