DVDVR Message Board

DC MOVIES (2022)

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

How does DC Studios hope to compete with Marvel Studios when they can't even get their EU off of the ground?  They may as well not release anything but Pattinson Batman and Phoenix Joker movies.

Speaking of....

*eyelid twitching over calling this a "silver lining*

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Per Hollywood Reporter - WB/Discovery is also considering pushing back the releases of Shazam! Fury of the Gods and Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom

Expectation is we will know more after today's (Thursday's) investor call

11 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

So Michael Keaton returned as Batman in THREE different movies and we may not wind up seeing him at all?

The best part is Keaton himself would never know the difference, because he doesn’t watch these movies.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, AxB said:

Incel Lining

You’re going to have to explain this one to me?  From what I’ve read, ADiscovery decided that Batgirl wasn’t going to be profitable enough to spend tens of millions on marketing.  

It’s a movie that night or might not have been good.  Movies aren’t scarce commodities.  There will be another one in 5 min or so.  I don’t get the outrage.

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

You’re going to have to explain this one to me?  From what I’ve read, ADiscovery decided that Batgirl wasn’t going to be profitable enough to spend tens of millions on marketing.  

It’s a movie that night or might not have been good.  Movies aren’t scarce commodities.  There will be another one in 5 min or so.  I don’t get the outrage.

Really? The end product people worked hard on won't be seeing the light of the day. Feel for all involved and what that decision means. C'mon, man.

Edited by The Natural

22 minutes ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

I'm making a big assumption you're not trolling and actually asking in good faith:  

Ask why they don't think it's going to be profitable.

It's going to have to be historically bad for them to pull the plug completely. If it was, we'd have heard some leaks by now about how bad it is.  Yes, it didn't test well, but a lot of things don't and end up doing fine.

A minority/female led cast is going to rile up certain parts of the internet.  Lightyear had a gay relationship in it that amounted to all of 90 seconds of on-screen time, and it caused a ridiculous backlash online.  Plenty of trolls, who's sole job in their minds is to tank DC movies are more than ready to trash anything thrown out by Warner Bros.  Especially ones that do not fit the 100% standard white male superhero action film.  

Also there are a lot of bad to very bad movies out there that get full on releases with big marketing pushes. (Morbius, I'm looking in your direction.)   

The money is already spent. The movie was basically done, and sitting on it does absolutely nothing for them -- aside from letting them write off the whole thing as a loss for tax purposes which is how this move makes any sense whatsoever.  This was a chance to expand the DC universe of characters to let us see a new story, told by new storytellers, for a character we haven't seen on screen in 25 years, played by an exceptional young talent. 

You're right. Something else will be along soon, but it doesn't change the fact that it sucks that something people had been wanting to see is getting shelved indefinitely because of 'a shift in its approach.'  

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I'm making a big assumption you're not trolling and actually asking in good faith:  

Ask why they don't think it's going to be profitable.

It's going to have to be historically bad for them to pull the plug completely. If it was, we'd have heard some leaks by now about how bad it is.  Yes, it didn't test well, but a lot of things don't and end up doing fine.

A minority/female led cast is going to rile up certain parts of the internet.  Lightyear had a gay relationship in it that amounted to all of 90 seconds of on-screen time, and it caused a ridiculous backlash online.  Plenty of trolls, who's sole job in their minds is to tank DC movies are more than ready to trash anything thrown out by Warner Bros.  Especially ones that do not fit the 100% standard white male superhero action film.  

Also there are a lot of bad to very bad movies out there that get full on releases with big marketing pushes. (Morbius, I'm looking in your direction.)   

The money is already spent. The movie was basically done, and sitting on it does absolutely nothing for them -- aside from letting them write off the whole thing as a loss for tax purposes which is how this move makes any sense whatsoever.  This was a chance to expand the DC universe of characters to let us see a new story, told by new storytellers, for a character we haven't seen on screen in 25 years, played by an exceptional young talent. 

You're right. Something else will be along soon, but it doesn't change the fact that it sucks that something people had been wanting to see is getting shelved indefinitely because of 'a shift in its approach.'  

Thanks, @Dolfan in NYC.

I read somewhere that all the new execs are white dudes, they axed the POC who were heading divisions over there and now they're getting rid of Batgirl. Tried to find the link to no avail, but anyway, unless it's bullshit: Not a good look. 

People are gonna want the fucking movie no matter what. If they don't at least put it out on BluRay for people there will be a problem. 

As far as AEW/ROH goes? It's wrestling, and there's never been a crystal ball for wrestling. 

2 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I read somewhere that all the new execs are white dudes, they axed the POC who were heading divisions over there and now they're getting rid of Batgirl. Tried to find the link to no avail, but anyway, unless it's bullshit: Not a good look. 

It's literally one page back in the thread ?

• Like 1

A lot of actors are going to be making personal appearances as almost-superheroes like in that season of Arrested Development where David Cross is dating the actress from the Corman Fantastic Four. 
6-E91-C2-E5-9537-4653-88-B6-EE7-AB2-A8-A

7 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

Ben Affleck replaced Keaton In the new Aquaman movie.

WBD is pretty much in plans change mode and making sure their own new vision comes true.

Aquaman is coming out before The Flash now. When Flash was coming out first, it made sense for Keaton to be in those scenes but not anymore. Test audiences were confused why Keaton was in it to begin with.

Maybe they are scrapping Keaton completely after Flash, who knows? Flash has been getting good responses from test screening with Keaton, Miller and Calle all supposed to be pretty good in their roles.

Edited by Ligerbusa
  • Like 2

Latest Twitter stories about Ezra Miller are comparing him to a cult leader.  Seems whatever weirdo compound EM was running had some scary stuff going on and people who were there say EM walks around in body armor.  

i have no idea how you release Flash now even if you play down Miller’s name and keep him out of the promotion.  Dude’s career is over, right?

Edited by Tarheel Moneghetti