DVDVR Message Board

DC MOVIES (2022)

8 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Maybe shelve The Flash as the writeoff and release Batgirl?

I think you missed the part where the company is being headed up by a rich old white guy. No way a movie starring a hispanic female ever sees the light of day.

Shelving them both seems like a decent idea.

3 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

I think you missed the part where the company is being headed up by a rich old white guy. No way a movie starring a hispanic female ever sees the light of day.

I think you missed the part where rich old elite guys like money.  Personally, I think the movie would be headed for release if they believed it would make enough money.  

The Flash is one of the most cursed films ever with the time it took to be filmed, the delays and whether the film is cancelled or reshoot all of Ezra Miller's scenes. A right mess.

Edited by The Natural

10 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Oh god, number 1, pleasepleaseplease.

Their interview will be more watched than all 50 super bowls combined. 

#1. Holy shit.

#2. Still Ezra's shadow cast over the film.

#3. Oh, man. Wanted to see Michael Keaton back as Bruce Wayne/Batman for years and years. Only thing about The Flash I want to see. I said #ReleasethenoEzraMillercut long before Miller's troubles with the law.

I’m sure they can clean Miller up and coach him and find a media outlet that will let WBD stage manage the interview so EZ comes off well.  I’m not convinced they can convince viewers that would be anything except PR sleigh-of hand.  Ultimately, I think Miller’s troubles will dominate the discussion no matter what WBD does.  

That said, will ticket buyers care?  I doubt it,  I dislike EM on general principles, but that won’t stop me from seeing the movie.

• Like 1

I don’t think they can claim The Flash as a tax write off. I believe with Batgirl it was a very specific scenario. I’m not sure.

And from all accounts, Flash is testing really well. Cancelling it would be super shitty for Andy Muschietti, Sasha Calle, Michael Keaton has already been cancelled twice. What’s cancelling it really going to do at this point when Ezra Miller has already gotten paid? I wouldn’t be surprised if due to some contract fuckery, they’d get paid more for cancelation. Just recast The Flash. Either at the end of the movie or going forward.

In other news, there was apparently a gang shootout during the filming of Blue Beetle in Puerto Rico. Cast and crew were okay but one scooper (KC Walsh) said crew members quit and they had to move the production out of Puerto Rico. Apparently a lot of mismanagement by the director and the budget is going up.

Ezra Miller statement to Variety:

"Having recently gone through a time of intense crisis, I now understand that I am suffering complex mental health issues and have begun ongoing treatment,” Miller said. “I want to apologize to everyone that I have alarmed and upset with my past behavior. I am committed to doing the necessary work to get back to a healthy, safe and productive stage in my life.”

27 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Shazam 2 pushed back to March 17, 2023, which had been the release date for Aquaman 2.

Aquaman 2 pushed back to December 25, 2023.

Everything is fine. 

I saw at least one report claiming the WB/Discovery only has enough money to release two more movies this year - Black Adam and Don't Worry Darling