DVDVR Message Board

DC MOVIES (2022)

On 6/15/2022 at 7:21 PM, Matt D said:

They can use Dall-E to impose Grant Gustin into it.

You joke but I'm pretty sure at this point the only thing keeping the HDD's with all copies of this movie's footage on it out of a Data Destruction Company's hydraulic press is some Warner Exec wondering if they can spend the money to just digitally replace Miller with Gustin.

• Like 1

There were probably contracts signed guaranteeing a theatrical release. Doesn’t seem to be any way to replace Miller, they’re playing two roles. 

The world coming out of test screening and plot leaks is that everyone is pretty good in the movie. The return of Michael Keaton, the debut of Supergirl. It’s amazing how Ezra Miller just fucked everything up after working on it for so long.

• Like 1

They should just release it. Miller wasn’t the draw. Keaton was more of one. The fact it’s part of a shared universe was more of one. Will it really matter if they don’t do a press tour? You don’t need word of mouth for a superhero movie with a character that’s already established.

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

They should just release it. Miller wasn’t the draw. Keaton was more of one. The fact it’s part of a shared universe was more of one. Will it really matter if they don’t do a press tour? You don’t need word of mouth for a superhero movie with a character that’s already established.

Michael Keaton back as Bruce Wayne/Batman is the only draw of The Flash to me. I've said previously #ReleasethenoEzraMillercut.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

The promotion is only half the press story. The other half is going to be that this is an absurdly gift wrapped present to culture war media, and there’s no telling how stupid and ugly that could get. 

2 minutes ago, (BP) said:

The promotion is only half the press story. The other half is going to be that this is an absurdly gift wrapped present to culture war media, and there’s no telling how stupid and ugly that could get. 

Do the Snyder-cultists want this movie or not?

2 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Do the Snyder-cultists want this movie or not?

The Snyder cut people strike me as folks that will watch the movie but also defend anyone using dehumanizing language about certain classes of people as intellectuals who are “just asking questions.”

• Like 1

My answer:

10. Batman Returns (1992).

9. The Dark Knight Rises (2012).

8. Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (2012-2013).

7. Batman: Under the Red Hood (2010).

6. Batman (1989).

5. Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker Uncut Version (2000).

4. The Batman (2022).

3. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm (1993).

2. Batman Begins (2005).

1. The Dark Knight (2008).

What say you? Tagging, @Ligerbusa/Bat Bud.

On 6/18/2022 at 7:36 AM, (BP) said:

Gimme Keaton and Shipp. I’ve been waiting 30 years.

071-FBBD8-A600-4-A3-B-9-AB6-5-F1695-E632

That just reminded me that I watched The Flash to death as a kid, a show that I'd completely forgotten about. 

Also, Dick Tracy still rules. I was in soon as dad came home from a business trip with a shirt featuring all the villains. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

That just reminded me that I watched The Flash to death as a kid, a show that I'd completely forgotten about. 

Also, Dick Tracy still rules. I was in soon as dad came home from a business trip with a shirt featuring all the villains. 

The Flash is free on Tubi!

• Like 1

That Flash movie is never going to come out, guys. Come on.

Ezra Miller has a farm in Vermont, and he's apparently currently housing a mother and her 3 kids (he met them in Hawaii, around the time when all of his arrests and whatnot happened). One of the children apparently put a stray bullet in their mouth. Oh, yeah, that's another thing - in addition to having a marijuana grow site on the property (nothing wrong with that), there's apparently a "stockpile" of weapons and video evidence - I think on the mother's instagram? - surfaced showing assault weapons and whatnot leaning up against stuffed animals, etc.

The woman claims Ezra saved her from an abusive ex, and the father to the children claims he didn't even know she had left Hawaii with Ezra and is accusing the Vermont DCF and the social worker of ignoring his requests for a welfare check.

OK...They can reboot Superman how ever many times as they want. I don't care if Superman is white, black or midget from Macchu Picchu. All I want is Oliver Platt as Perry White

James

• 3 weeks later...