DVDVR Message Board

DC MOVIES (2022)

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

folie à deux translates to a delusion or mental illness shared by two people in close association. So either two Jokers or Harley Quinn.

There’s also that nut dressed like a bat. 

I'm in two minds about Joker 2. I thought the first film was great as a one and done, Joaquin Phoenix was terrific as Arthur Fleck/Joker and Hildur Guðnadóttir's amazing score. Both deservedly won numerous awards for their work including the Academy Award. Can a sequel tarnish what a predecessors done? Like to think it's not just about the money for Todd Phillips/Joaquin Phoenix. The script has to have done something for Phoenix to take up a sequel having turned down the chance to play The Incredible Hulk and Doctor Strange in the MCU. I just hope Hildur Guðnadóttir and Cinematographer Lawrence Sher also return.

Edited by The Natural

The Flash is going to come out. They basically finished shooting it already. My best guess is that they will try to insert something in there to write Ezra Miller out. But there's no way you can't release it or re-film all of Ezra Miller's scenes. It's impossible. Ezra Miller probably won't on the press tour WB will do what they can. They do have a year to figure it out. 

I think I’ve cracked this Joker 2 thing. It’s going to be heavily influenced by another Scorsese movie: New York, New York. Joker is De Niro and Harley is Liza Minnelli. It’s a musical, it’s a relationship movie, and it’s a Marty deep cut like King of Comedy.