DVDVR Message Board

DC MOVIES (2022)

Per Deadline - Sharon Stone is in talks to star at the villain in Blue Beetle

Spoiler

According to Deadline, the Basic Instinct star will play an original character named Victoria Kord. Apparently, Victoria is the wife of Ted Kord, who is the second Blue Beetle in the comic series. Few details are known about her role, except that she’s a villainous character and that Stone is in “final talks” to join the film.

• Like 1

Per Rolling Stone, Warner Brothers and DC are "pausing" all future Ezra Miller projects.

As of now, plans are to still release The Flash on June 23, 2023 but everything else is up in the air.

Well clearly Rolling Stone had a long chat with a DC source as they also have reported that DC has put a Deadshot standalone film on the backburner

Apparently it is more because Will Smith has priced himself out of the project than any fallout from the Oscars

On 4/7/2022 at 9:17 AM, RIPPA said:

Well clearly Rolling Stone had a long chat with a DC source as they also have reported that DC has put a Deadshot standalone film on the backburner

Apparently it is more because Will Smith has priced himself out of the project than any fallout from the Oscars

We have Bloodsport and Ratcatcher 2 to fall back on as well as a not quite so douchey Peacemaker.  I think we're good as long as James Gunn can continue to create A-List moments with D-List villains.  I can't wait to see what he can do with 50% Chad, Folding Paper Man, and Bootface.

Edited by J.T.

Allegedly the first image of Michael Keaton as Batman from The Flash:

Spoiler

FQU2hx5XwAgYLSS?format=jpg&name=medium

Might not be legit but it does Matches Malone the Batsuit in Batgirl:

6842be7c0a5a940ba74f9ed82eb8b8ff619b5710

1ef30ea5cc36b7fcf68848408936f0a3012a3596

Resembles a modernized Batman Returns (1992) suit. The neck looks the same so there's reason for the Bat turn. Great seeing the oval again, 25 years after Batman and Robin (1997). I like the suit with two exceptions, the belt should be yellow like Keaton's Batman (1989)/Batman Returns (1992) Batsuits. I also prefer the cape covering the shoulders as seen in those Batsuits.

Edited by The Natural

On 3/30/2022 at 7:56 AM, RIPPA said:

Per Deadline - Sharon Stone is in talks to star at the villain in Blue Beetle

Reveal hidden contents

Welp - turns out that the deal with Sharon Stone fell through and Susan Sarandon has officially been cast in the role

4 hours ago, (BP) said:

Ezra got arrested for assault in Hawaii again. Split a woman’s head open by throwing a chair at her. The Flash is never coming out. 

Fucking hell, that's the third this year. Has to be it for Ezra Miller, surely? These results will be costly. Only thing going for the film is Michael Keaton back as Bruce Wayne/Batman. In my ideal world, it's Batman 3 not directed by Tim Burton.

They spent over $100 million dollars on The Flash and it doesn't come out for over a year.  

People have the memory of gnats, so short of Ezra Miller killing someone on live television, they'll be fine.  

15 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

I doubt that release date holds. This movie has Keaton as her mentor I believe. Can't have Keaton mentoring her before The Flash releases.

Why not? At this point, the Flash movie is nuclear waste level toxic, what would it cost to add five minutes of run time to the Batgirl movie to explain why he's there?

• Thanks 1

Plus Leslie Grace just confirmed that production finished on the movie so it not like shooting the movie is delayed. Otherwise they are boning all their movies just to keep it in the order they were originally planned.

If anything - the way things are going, The Flash could end up being a straight to streaming release

If I were them I’d release a truncated version of the The Flash as an HBO Max special to get Keaton on the board and then promote it as though we’ve been transported to a universe where they haven’t been trying and failing to make this movie for a decade.

There’s probably a part where it looks like Barry’s going to die fixing everything during the climax. They can just fade to white and finish it on a reshoot scene of everyone at his funeral and one of those other Flash’s from the trailer is part of Keaton’s team now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JLSigman said:

Why not? At this point, the Flash movie is nuclear waste level toxic, what would it cost to add five minutes of run time to the Batgirl movie to explain why he's there?

I guess you could do other work arounds. I thought Flash ended up in Keaton's universe and brings him to the current one was the idea of what's happening. And that Batgirl is in the current universe and not the one Keaton is from. So if you wanted to stick to that you'd need a reason for Keaton's Batman being transported to the current universe.

But I didn't consider they could just ret-con Batgirl to be in Keaton's universe. I still don't see that happening tho. I know Ezra has a ton of negative press right now, and just toxic in general. But they spent a shit ton of money on making the movie. And it's the last Batfleck one, the Keaton return, the big multiverse deal. They put a lot of eggs into this basket and if they just abandon it because Miller is a being a toxic shithead it throws off a lot of other projects.

The public has a short memory. If Ezra can go 6 months without fighting people or causing trouble all will be forgotten. Or at least I assume that is what the studio is hoping for.

23 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

If Ezra can go 6 months without fighting people or causing trouble all will be forgotten.

Big if.

• Like 2

Flash footage recap at CinemaCon:

Spoiler

Seeing Michael Keaton back as Bruce Wayne/Batman is a big deal to me. Watching Batman '66, Batman '89, Batman Returns and Batman: The Animated Series as a child made me the lifelong Batman fan I am today. Thanks to my parents letting me see Batman '89 and Batman Returns before I should. Shame Ezra Miller as Barry Allen/The Flash sucks, said that long before his law run ins.