DVDVR Message Board

2022 Non-Event General MMA Talk Thread

Dolfan in NYC

20 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Oh God, I don't know if Zhang is ready for that fight rn and I don't think my waning MMA fandom can handle another Zhang defeat. 

Hell, I'm more worried about Joanna. She hasn't fought since right before the pandemic. Two years is a long time to be gone. She went from fighting pretty regularly to not fighting at all. That's tough.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Holy shit! I love the first fight, it's my top five MMA fights of all time: Griffin/Bonnar I, Edgar/Maynard II, Lawler/Condit, Weili/Joanna I and Jones/Gus I. Big fight. Joanna hasn't fought since and Zhang's lost two in a row.

Edited by The Natural

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2022 at 12:42 AM, The Natural said:

We knew this was going to happen. Very few stay retired.

I just hope Cejudo comes back in form and doesn't end up being the gateway guy everyone gets their reputation from by beating him.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I just hope Cejudo comes back in form and doesn't end up being the gateway guy everyone gets their reputation from by beating him.

That's the danger when fighters comeback. Few resist the urge to return.

• 2 weeks later...

Must win for Cody Garbrandt, he's 1-5 in his last 6 with four losses by KO/TKO. Damn. Nearly all downhill since beating Dominick Cruz for the UFC Bantamweight Championship, the Bantamweight GOAT. One of the biggest MMA falls with BJ Penn, Chuck Liddell, Renan Barao, TJ Colleague and Johny Hendricks.