DVDVR Message Board

2022 Non-Event General MMA Talk Thread

Dolfan in NYC

7 hours ago, twiztor said:

i can't remember the last time i wanted a challenger to win a title so badly. Jiri is just so awesome.

Well, he has a good shot even though Glover is talented enough in terms of submission grappling that he doesn't have to slug it out with Jiri. Matter of fact, why give him that chance? If look at Glover's UFC resume, his big wins are usually over guys who tend to underestimate him. Thing is, with a guy like Jiri who tends to pretty much fight consistently no matter the opponent or situation, I doubt Glover going to have that underdog factor working in his favor. Plus, the one mistake people tend to make that I'm seeing is similar to one we see opponents make against Justin Gaethje where his opponents believe he's just going to leave one great opening. He does and guess what? Still fighting like nothing happened. For whatever reason, a select 2 or 3 fighters are basically immune to paying for defensive lapses.

• Like 1

Belal Muhammed was on AEW Dynamite. He was the fan in the front row, who chopped MJF while CM Punk (his Roufusport teammate) was holding him.

Nobody seemed to recognise him though.

• Thanks 1

One title fights scheduled between Feb 25 and March 26 :

(c) Reinier de Ridder vs. Kiamrian Abbasov (ONE Middleweight World Title)

(c) Roman Kryklia vs. Murat Aygun (ONE Light Heavyweight Kickboxing World Title)

(c) Thanh Le vs. Garry Tonon (One Featherweight World Title)

(c) Bibiano Fernandes vs. John Lineker (One Bantamweight World Title)

(c) Prajanchai Saenchai vs. Joseph Lasiri (One Strawweight Muay Thai World Title)

(c) Angela Lee v. Stamp (ONE Atomweight World Title)

(c) Adriano Moraes vs. Yuya Wakamatsu (ONE Flyweight World Title)

(c) Nong-O vs. Alaverdi Ramazanov ( ONE Bantamweight Muay Thai World Title)

(c) Capitan vs. Hiroki Akimoto ( ONE Bantamweight Kickboxing World Title)

(c) Superbon vs. Marat Grigorian (ONE Featherweight Kickboxing World Title)

Chingiz Allazov vs. Sitthichai ( ONE Featherweight GP Final)

Plus Dj/Rodtang, Nsang/Bigdash 3 and a bunch of other stuff. 

• Like 1

So with Russia now cut off from the rest of the world and that, any chance UFC bans Russian fighters? Because Alexander Volkov is fighting on the London show soon, but there’s every chance Priti Patel won’t let him into the country.