DVDVR Message Board

2022 - IN MEMORIAM - MOVIES & TV

Dolfan in NYC

Kymberly Herrin - best known for being the ghost that Dan Ackroyd dreams about in Ghostbusters - passed away at the age of 65

In addition to some other small roles - she also starred in a few music videos (including a couple of ZZ Top videos)

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Kymberly Herrin - best known for being the ghost that Dan Ackroyd dreams about in Ghostbusters - passed away at the age of 65

In addition to some other small roles - she also starred in a few music videos (including a couple of ZZ Top videos)

Miss March 1981, RIP.

Edited by J.T.

5 hours ago, J.H. said:

Word is coming from his rep the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers alum Jason David Frank has passed. 

Easily the most popular Ranger of all time, this is most unexpected

James

There is no official word concerning cause of death, but TMZ is reporting that it was a suicide.

Rest in Power, Tommy.

JDF's MMA debut.  He wins in the first round via omogplata submission.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 3

Irene Cara, the iconic ’80s singer-actress best known for the soundtrack smashes “Fame” and “Flashdance… What a Feeling,” has died. She was 63.

“It is with profound sadness that on behalf of he family I announce the passing of Irene Cara,” the singer’s spokesperson said in a statement early Saturday. “The Academy Award-winning actress, singer, songwriter and producer passed away in her Florida home. Her cause of death is currently unknown and will be released when information is available.

😞

• Sad 6

Albert Pyun, director of Sword and the Sorcerer, Cyborg, the 1990 Captain America, and like a million straight to video action movies, has reportedly passed away.

Thank you for making a bunch of the garbage I watched as a kid.  RIP.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

It felt like during the 90s whenever there wasn’t an A-list feature running on HBO it was a Pyun movie. Whatever deficiencies or constraints those pictures suffered from, they captured a lot of young imaginations at a formative time. It’s unfortunate that by the time he was receiving his flowers he wasn’t well enough to totally enjoy it. 

• Like 3

Late night premium cable will not be the same without Albert Pyun.  A man who single handedly made sure that every method actor in Hollywood earned a steady paycheck and fueled the VHS rental boom.  I think my local Sun Coast had a section dedicated to Pyun.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Clarence Gilyard Jr., an actor best known for starring in “Walker, Texas Ranger” and his supporting performance in “Die Hard,” has died. He was 66 years old. No further details about his death are available at this time.

Gilyard’s death was confirmed through a statement by the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Gilyard had been working as a film and theatre professor at UNLV College of Fine Arts.

Full story via Variety

For whatever reason - to this day - I will still randomly quote "THE QUARTERBACK IS TOAST!"

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

On 11/17/2022 at 10:19 AM, RIPPA said:

Just saw this one, and have to note something.   She actually helped me figure out a lot about myself.  

All my friends were like, "Wow, who is she?"  

I was, meanwhile, focused elsewhere. 🤷🏾‍♂️

• Like 5

On 11/29/2022 at 8:47 AM, RIPPA said:

Full story via Variety

For whatever reason - to this day - I will still randomly quote "THE QUARTERBACK IS TOAST!"

Theo's rendition of Twas the Night Before Christmas is the best version.  RIP.   

Theo was my inspiration to get into IT and cybersecurity.  There, I said it.

Between Theo, the crazy black scientist in the remake of The Blob, and Miles Bennett Dyson (the Cyberdyne Systems computer engineer that created Skynet), I am shocked that black people aren't forever banned from holding any jobs in the STEM fields.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 4

Just a note, the man who killed Gone Girl actress Lisa Banes in a traffic accident will receive a prison sentence of 1-3 years for vehicular manslaughter. 

She was killed last year while riding an e-bike in Manhattan.  

• Sad 3

Brad William Henke from Orange is the New Black, Justified, and Dexter has died.   He was 56. 

Henke also played in the NFL for the NY Giants and made the Super Bowl with the Denver Broncos. 

• Sad 2