DVDVR Message Board

2022 - IN MEMORIAM - MOVIES & TV

Dolfan in NYC

17 hours ago, Swift said:

My favourite Liotta role is actually Tommy Vercetti in Vice City.

7 hours ago, The Natural said:

NSFW. RIP Ray Liotta.

I learned of his death this morning not from here, the news, or anywhere else, but while reading the GTA Online subreddit.  Rest in peace to one of the greats. 

Aside from all the well known roles we've already talked about, his turn in Unlawful Entry is so good.  Ray at his creepy, menacing best.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 1

Looks like Bo Hopkins has passed as well. Funnily enough I watched a movie called Mutant yesterday where Hopkins was the sheriff with a past that drinks too much and Wings Hauser does a rare face turn.

On 5/27/2022 at 8:18 AM, Mister TV said:

That Liotta wasn't even nominated for Goodfellas is criminal. 

I've never done cocaine, the closest I've ever got is the Goodfellas helicopter scene.

• Like 2

Ray Liotta was hardcore.  The "Paul Eats His Own Brain" scene in Hannibal was the fucking best and it was all because of Ray Liotta being a total dick despite being drugged and having his cranium sawn off.  The fact that he has no idea what Lecter is doing to him makes the horror all the sweeter.

He was also awesome in The Details.   The scene with him on the bridge with Tobey MacGuire always gets to me.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Never heard him in anything, but its always a pity to see someone pass so young. Same age as me actually.

Billy's obit would actually be more fitting in the Anime thread as he was a core voice actor in everything from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure to Demon Slayer and the Netflix reboot of Grappler Baki.  He also performed in video games like Shin Megumi Tensen. 

RIP

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

Billy's obit would actually be more fitting in the Anime thread as he was a core voice actor in everything from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure to Demon Slayer and the Netflix reboot of Grappler Baki.  He also performed in video games like Shin Megumi Tensen. 

RIP

I was surprised when I saw it posted here for those very reasons. I eventually plan to play the SMT game he was in. He apparently is one of the characters I liked quite a bit so it will be nice to finally hear some of his work when the time comes.

Aw man, the Seinfeld scene might well be my favourite sitcom scene ever. Playing a friggin' library investigations officer as a hardboiled cop show detective was just so fucking good; he is note fucking perfect in that scene. No surprise Seinfeld couldn't get through it without corpsing. 

''Well, let me tell ya something, funny boy'' and 'Well, I got a flash for ya, joy boy, party time is over'' are still quotes me and a mate of mine will drop randomly to each other in messages.

RIP to one of those actors who even if he was in something shit you knew at least he'd be good in it.

Edited by Fuzzy Dunlop
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Damn, one of the kings of the character actors.  If you haven't seen Hard Eight you really should.  RIP.

I just recently re-watched Hard Eight.  Really good movie, and Hall is amazing in it.  Also love him in Magnolia even though he plays a dude that's most likely a piece of shit.

58 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Dude made it to 91 and lived a phenomenal life. Celebrate the career he had and watch his Costa-Gavras film. Z is a classic for a reason.

Edited by Control
  • Like 2