DVDVR Message Board

2022 - IN MEMORIAM - MOVIES & TV

Dolfan in NYC

On 5/6/2022 at 3:12 PM, Zimbra said:

Character actor Mike Hagerty (Friends, Wayne's World, So I Married An Ax Murderer) passed away at 67.

One of the all-time "Oh hey, it's that guy" guys

Mike-Hagerty-dead-01.jpg

I feel like his best role was as DP in a legendary episode of Martin.

• Like 1

MCDKIAM_EC009.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop=1

Broadways star and character actor Bruce MacVittie has passed away at the age of 65.

He appeared in such shows as the The Sopranos, Law & Order and As The World Turns

He starred opposite Al Pacino in David Mamet’s production of American Buffalo

Anyone who hasn’t seen Miami Blues should check it out. Ward produced it and he’s excellent in it as well. He was one of those actors with a very specific quality onscreen, but he could apply it in different ways to a large wheelhouse of interesting characters. 

11 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

In 2022, it’s amazing that not only did they cast Joey Gray, but it got an Oscar nomination for Best Makeup. 

Linda Hunt won an Oscar for playing a Chinese man only like two years before that too. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

I'll forever have a soft spot for Fred Ward because of Tremors. 

Watching Tremors tonight. There was a period when I was a kid where it was my absolute favourite movie. It was always on the watchlist if I was sick and stayed home from school

• Like 2

It always bummed me out that his Remo Willams did not have a long shelf-life franchise like James Bond.  There are like a billion Destroyer novels and we never got to see Remo as a Sinanju master.

Among the numerous great things about Remo Williams:  The Adventure Begins, we had Kate Mulgrew looking totally hot in the most misogynistic Army uniform ever stitched by male tailors and Remo killing a man by putting his fingers through the lens of a gas mask and boring a hole through his skull.

Oh, and one of the dudes from Styx made a perfectly fine pop song.

RIP Fred Ward.  Whether it be hero or villain, you made sketchy movies worth the watch just by doing what you did best.  You were a total douche in The Crow: Salvation and we love you for it.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

Liotta was great in so many roles. Even though The Many Saints Of Newark was a let down as a whole (Tony Soprano origin story my ass), Liotta  was great in it. Also, Identity. That movie doesn't get nearly enough love.

• Like 2