DVDVR Message Board

2022 - IN MEMORIAM - MOVIES & TV

Dolfan in NYC

Yeah, I was sad to hear that.  He carried Hannibal Rising on his back and made it better than it should have been.  Sad to see that he was getting back on track with an MCU appearance only for this to happen.

RIP.

• Sad 1

Meatloaf will always be Eddie from Rocky Horror to me. When I was in college I saw it at a movie theater almost every Friday.

Louie Anderson has died of cancer at the age of 68

https://www.tmz.com/2022/01/21/louie-anderson-dead-dies-blood-cancer-battle/?fbclid=IwAR0CB5BtJGL0_MI9kfgEtokXc8FoVO15971AI-pqhVQPdn1mdLICJnF33vc

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Meat Loaf and Louie Anderson in the same day is really putting the lie to that line in Notting Hill: "What is it with men and breasts?  (...) Every second person has them." "Well, more if you think about it.  I mean, Meat Loaf has a very nice pair."

Sorry if that's too soon for anyone, but I think Louie probably would've laughed at that.  I doubt Meat did, though.

On 1/21/2022 at 5:45 PM, (BP) said:

Rob Zombie posted a nice tribute to Louie. Apparently they got to know each other while they were developing a Fatty Arbuckle biopic together(!) That's one I wish hadn’t ended up in production development hell. 

I have a hard time imagining anything that we need to be protected from more than a Rob Zombie version of Hollywood in the 20s. i actually shivered when I read it.

Edited by piranesi

1 hour ago, piranesi said:

I have a hard time imagining anything that we need to be protected from more than a Rob Zombie version of Hollywood in the 20s. i actually shivered when I read it.

I guess you probably wouldn’t want to hear about the Groucho Marx biopic that he’s intending to make.