Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies (2022)


odessasteps
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Deadpool 3 - 9/6/24

You can watch the video to see what else they are teasing

I started watching this half expecting it to be another add for Aviator Gin or Mint Mobile.

And there he was with a bottle of Aviator Gin.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since no one has mentioned it in the previous posts about the video, lol - Hugh Jackman is playing Wolverine one more time in the next Deadpool movie.

So both are making their MCU debuts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Casey said:

Since no one has mentioned it in the previous posts about the video, lol - Hugh Jackman is playing Wolverine one more time in the next Deadpool movie.

So both are making their MCU debuts.

Well I wanted people to discover that themselves hence my vagueness with the post

Plus some folks get weirdly irritated over what is spoiled and what isnt

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Casey said:

Since no one has mentioned it in the previous posts about the video, lol - Hugh Jackman is playing Wolverine one more time in the next Deadpool movie.

So both are making their MCU debuts.

“I shouldn’t have said that was my last match.”

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Raziel said:

I imagine it'll amount to the same screen time some of the Dark Phoenix crew showing up in Deadpool 2 did.

Imagine the balls on these people if Jackman is only in it for like 10 seconds, meanwhile the logo for the movie is literally Wolverine’s claw marks making a 3 in Roman numerals. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

FdsODBzUcAAQ2as?format=jpg&name=900x900

Mixed feelings wanting Logan (2017) to be Hugh Jackman's last time playing the part as he intended to be but seeing him with Deadpool although MCU's quality control is not what it was. We'll find out whether he should have stuck with Logan or not.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As fate would have it, the ending to Deadpool 2 (2018) mirrors the current MCU Multiverse…How many incursions did DP cause by traveling back in time and changing things up? Deadpool 2 produced one of the best mid-credits/post-credits scenes ever.

Edited by The Natural
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, The Natural said:

FdsODBzUcAAQ2as?format=jpg&name=900x900

Mixed feelings wanting Logan (2017) to be Hugh Jackman's last time playing the part as he intended to be but seeing him with Deadpool although MCU's quality control is not what it was. We'll find out whether he should have stuck with Logan or not.

I think we’ll be okay. Logan is definitely the definite end of the character, but that doesn’t mean Logan from earlier in the Fox timeline can’t be plucked and inserted into this movie. Or a Logan that’s anywhere from the end of DoFP heading into his final movie. Lots of possibilities to work with.

Or, since this is firmly in the Multiverse saga, it can be a variant (with the brown/yellow suit! save the classic blue/yellow for Wolverine’s proper MCU recast IMO)

I don’t think this is going to be a glorified cameo, though. Previous leaks from at least a year ago suggested DP3 would be a “buddy team up” movie that explores the multiverse.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Casey said:

I think we’ll be okay. Logan is definitely the definite end of the character, but that doesn’t mean Logan from earlier in the Fox timeline can’t be plucked and inserted into this movie. Or a Logan that’s anywhere from the end of DoFP heading into his final movie. Lots of possibilities to work with.

Or, since this is firmly in the Multiverse saga, it can be a variant (with the brown/yellow suit! save the classic blue/yellow for Wolverine’s proper MCU recast IMO)

I don’t think this is going to be a glorified cameo, though. Previous leaks from at least a year ago suggested DP3 would be a “buddy team up” movie that explores the multiverse.

Logan still exists so you can revisit it and think that's the character's end. It's just that bleak ending was so well done, I don't want this to be a misfire. Jackman going out on that high. Like you, hope we'll be okay.

One thing Hugh Jackman hasn't done in his many years playing the part is sport the classic costume be it the brown and tan or the yellow and blue. That has to happen and at least guarantees one good thing from this if things don't work out the way we'd like.

No way is this going to be a glorified cameo, getting Hugh back. It'll be shared screen time with Deadpool. I like the sound of a buddy team up going from friends to foes.

Y'all should read The Good, the Bad and the Ugly from Deadpool (Vol. 3) #15-19 featuring Deadpool, Wolverine and Captain America. It's the best Deadpool story ever and one of the best for the other two as well.

Edited by The Natural
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bassam Tariq has left as the Director of Blade

Per Marvel's statement “Due to continued shifts in our production schedule, Bassam is no longer moving forward as director of Blade but will remain an executive producer on the film"

No replacement has been named yet

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jackman’s coming in from the wilderness where he makes expensive sci-fi movies no one sees, stretches himself dramatically to little acclaim, and pisses off large swaths of the Broadway community. He needs the warm embrace of a Disney franchise. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

EDIT -
Eh.  Natural just posted the same video.

I just want the video reposted in '24 without the music overlay to see if they actually did reveal the entire plot of the movie, which would be hilarious and amazing. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...