DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies (2022)

odessasteps

20 hours ago, (BP) said:

Pratt is a husk of a human being at this point. 

At least on the X-mas special and from the looks of this trailer, he's not doing whatever the hell it was he was doing in the last Thor movie.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Log said:

At least on the X-mas special and from the looks of this trailer, he's not doing whatever the hell it was he was doing in the last Thor movie.

Yeah, this looks more like Harrison Ford in ROTJ let’s get this over with burnout than Love & Thunder where Pratt looked like he was watching Feige hold his family hostage right next to the camera lens. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

If we get back to back movies where Scott AND Rocket die, then I'm going to riot. Losing Tony made sense, same with Vision, but to me Scott and Rocket are two of my most beloved characters. I think it's a good way to really lose your audience by killing off one or both of those characters.

I fully admit I love the Ant-Man movies more than most and a lot of that has to do with Scott's connection with Cassie and how it reminds me of my connection with my older daughter. And Rocket is practically the heart and soul of the GotG, especially after Vol. 2. I just can't see how losing either of them works or makes any sense business wise.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Craig H said:

If we get back to back movies where Scott AND Rocket die, then I'm going to riot. Losing Tony made sense, same with Vision, but to me Scott and Rocket are two of my most beloved characters. I think it's a good way to really lose your audience by killing off one or both of those characters.

I fully admit I love the Ant-Man movies more than most and a lot of that has to do with Scott's connection with Cassie and how it reminds me of my connection with my older daughter. And Rocket is practically the heart and soul of the GotG, especially after Vol. 2. I just can't see how losing either of them works or makes any sense business wise.

I feel like the GotG trailer is pointing a little too hard at Rocket dying for it to happen.

• Like 1

I'm legitimately baffled as to why people are thinking they're gonna kill off Scott Lang. Did I miss something? Like, Bradley Cooper, Dave Bautista, and James Gunn have all said shit that hints at what might happen, but I haven't seen a damn thing regarding Paul Rudd bowing out of the MCU.

Is this basically just the same as people making stories about Regal leaving AEW based on nothing but viewer speculation?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

I'm legitimately baffled as to why people are thinking they're gonna kill off Scott Lang. Did I miss something? Like, Bradley Cooper, Dave Bautista, and James Gunn have all said shit that hints at what might happen, but I haven't seen a damn thing regarding Paul Rudd bowing out of the MCU.

Is this basically just the same as people making stories about Regal leaving AEW based on nothing but viewer speculation?

Reason in my thinking Scott Lang snuffs it is to make Kang a true threat and gives stakes to the Ant-Man films which normally are lighter and have lower stakes compared to the others in the MCU. I really like Ant-Man (2005) even though Edgar Wright would have made it even better. I really didn't like Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018), found that a chore to get through. Sure just outside my bottom MCU movies.

I think this is new news.... maybe???

But apparently, per Fightful, Becky Lynch filmed a scene for Eternals that ended up not being used.

Reportedly, Marvel was happy with her portrayal of whatever it was and is in talks with her to use her again

19 hours ago, The Natural said:

Reason in my thinking Scott Lang snuffs it is to make Kang a true threat and gives stakes to the Ant-Man films which normally are lighter and have lower stakes compared to the others in the MCU. I really like Ant-Man (2005) even though Edgar Wright would have made it even better. I really didn't like Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018), found that a chore to get through. Sure just outside my bottom MCU movies.

That's fair but that's all consumer assumption, no? I honestly had to take a day away from here because of all the speculation, specifically in the AEW threads and seeing it here just pushed me over the line. 

I sincerely hope they don't kill Scott. Fuck, you've got Hank, Janet, and "makes Letitia Wright seem tame" Evangeline Lily as Hope to potentially kill off - let's go with one of them, please? 😂

On 12/3/2022 at 2:55 PM, christopher.annino said:

Since Regal is signing with WWE (per Fightful and Meltzer today) - wouldn't that mean that definitely means they are killing Scott off?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, RIPPA said:

Since Regal is signing with WWE (per Fightful and Meltzer today) - wouldn't that mean that definitely means they are killing Scott off?

I JUST logged back in here after a self imposed mental health timeout, are you trying to push me to full deletion?! 😂

GUYS! I just heard that TOM CRUISE is going to be in Multiverse of Madness as Ultimate Iron Man! It's so obvious, he refused to play Tony Stark years ago because he didn't want to spend half the movie with his face covered, but Ultimate Iron Man's mask is transparent, so it's a really great callback! Can't wait to see it! 100% it's totally happening!

Also, David Beckham put a green and yellow scarf on, I think he's going to BUY Manchester United!

Edited by AxB
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

That's fair but that's all consumer assumption, no? I honestly had to take a day away from here because of all the speculation, specifically in the AEW threads and seeing it here just pushed me over the line. 

I sincerely hope they don't kill Scott. Fuck, you've got Hank, Janet, and "makes Letitia Wright seem tame" Evangeline Lily as Hope to potentially kill off - let's go with one of them, please? 😂

I haven't followed any rumours about the film, just a prediction only.

I'd keep Scott and Hank, like both. Hopefully Michelle Pfeiffer gets more to do, wanted more of her last time round but I've always liked her. Yes, settle down Naturaletico. All for Hope and Shuri getting killed off.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AxB said:

GUYS! I just heard that TOM CRUISE is going to be in Multiverse of Madness as Ultimate Iron Man! It's so obvious, he refused to play Tony Stark years ago because he didn't want to spend half the movie with his face covered, but Ultimate Iron Man's mask is transparent, so it's a really great callback! Can't wait to see it! 100% it's totally happening!

Also, David Beckham put a green and yellow scarf on, I think he's going to BUY Manchester United!

Let's be havin' you!

😉.

Edited by The Natural
  • Haha 1