DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies (2022)

odessasteps

32 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

During the Marvel panel - it was revealed that the primary villain of Captain America: New World Order will be

Hide contents

Tim Blake Nelson returning as The Leader

(I just felt like using the spoiler tag)

That is surprising. Curious to see him opposite Sam.

30 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Wish they didn't used Taskmaster since the Black Widow version kind of sucked.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Agreed on Taskmaster.  Deadpool in Wolverine: Origins level of destroying a character.  Can't believe with all the negativity towards the portrayal that they are bringing her back.  Tony Masters would work so much better in this group.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

It's mildly surprising Songbird hasn't been in the MCU (to my knowledge) but maybe that's due to FX and depicting her powers. Or they're waiting to do the Unlimited Class Wrestling show. 

She’s barely been used in the comics for a decade.

9 hours ago, RIPPA said:

8 hours ago, Eivion said:

8 hours ago, roofiethebutcher said:

Agreed on Taskmaster.  Deadpool in Wolverine: Origins level of destroying a character.  Can't believe with all the negativity towards the portrayal that they are bringing her back.  Tony Masters would work so much better in this group.  

Underwhelming line-up. Three are Super-Soldiers. Don't give a shit about Taskmaster for the reasons @Eivion and @roofiethebutcher provide. Don't give a shit about Ghost either from Ant-Man and the Wasp. Ugh, that film. Needs Helmut Zemo. Mixed feelings on Red Guardian. Here for more Bucky, Yelena Belova as Florence Pugh's great and US Agent.

Edited by The Natural

No real surprises for Thunderbolt casting.  Nearly all of the surviving villains / anti-heroes of the MCU are on the team save Zemo who should be doing time for T'Chaka's murder in a Wakandan vibranium mining labor camp.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2022 at 9:59 PM, The Natural said:

Captain America: New World Order, May 2024.

I'm kinda looking forward to this since the announcement at D23 that Tim Blake Nelson will FINALLY appear in the MCU as The Leader and will be Sam's first adversary.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

No real surprises for Thunderbolt casting.  Nearly all of the surviving villains / anti-heroes of the MCU are on the team save Zemo who should be doing time for T'Chaka's murder in a Wakandan vibranium mining labor camp.

I'd be funny if their mission was to recapture Zemo and we got some of the original Thunderbolts as their original Masters of Evil selves. 

• Like 1

The untitled Marvel movie that was scheduled for Feb 16, 2024 has been delayed until Sept 6, 2024

It now appears that whatever that movie is - it will be the final one in Phase 5 as Phase 6 starts with Fantastic Four and that release date is currently Nov 8, 2024

• Like 1

Not a good day for Sony Marvel movies

Kraven the Hunter has been delayed almost 9 months

Was Jan 13, 2023. Now Oct 6, 2023

Madame Web was in that Oct date. It is now set for Feb 16, 2024

Be interesting to see how Deadpool 3 turns out with the lengthy wait and how far it can push the maximum effort in film certification. I thought Deadpool (2016) was great. I liked Deadpool 2 (2018) but not nearly as much as I did the first film. To me Deadpool is an 8 while Deadpool 2 is a 6.

14 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

The Atlanteans definitely seem to be some kind of Central American based society, based on the trailer and other pictures.

Ah, thanks. That's going to require some delicate story-telling considering how often Atlantis and Ancient Aliens are used by racists, especially about the Maya.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2022 at 3:33 PM, JLowe said:

That's going to require some delicate story-telling considering how often Atlantis and Ancient Aliens are used by racists, especially about the Maya.

forgive my naivety, but i don't understand how any of those things are connected?

40 minutes ago, twiztor said:

forgive my naivety, but i don't understand how any of those things are connected?

Ancient Aliens and a lot of modern interpretations of Atlantis are used to explain how “primitive” (code-word for Brown skin/non-Western) civilizations were able to achieve great things. So having Namor, the king/prince of Atlantis, presented as a Maya ruler or god, sort of suggests that the Amaya were only capable of great accomplishments because of this secret western city.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, JLowe said:

Ancient Aliens and a lot of modern interpretations of Atlantis are used to explain how “primitive” (code-word for Brown skin/non-Western) civilizations were able to achieve great things. So having Namor, the king/prince of Atlantis, presented as a Maya ruler or god, sort of suggests that the Amaya were only capable of great accomplishments because of this secret western city.

Except if the Atlanteans are depicted as Mesoamerican, then Atlantis isn't really a "western" city, is it? It sort of looks like they're turning those racist theories on their head.