DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies (2022)

odessasteps

2 hours ago, twiztor said:

The Mississippi River counts, right?

the new Thor's runtime is reportedly 115 minutes, making it one of the shortest of the Marvel movies (Thor 2 and Incredible Hulk were both 112).

Cheers, bud. That's disappointing. I was hoping for 2 hours and 15 minutes.

MCU movies runtimes:

Avengers: Endgame (2019). 3 hours and 1 minute.
Eternals (2021). 2 hours and 36 minutes.
Avengers: Infinity War (2018). 2 hours and 29 minutes.
Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021). 2 hours and 28 minutes.
Captain America: Civil War (2016). 2 hours and 27 minutes.
The Avengers (2012). 2 hours and 23 minutes.
Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015). 2 hours and 21 minutes.
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017). 2 hours and 17 minutes.
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014). 2 hours and 16 minutes.
Black Panther (2018) and Black Widow (2021). 2 hours and 14 minutes.
Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017). 2 hours and 13 minutes.
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (2021). 2 hours and 12 minutes.
Iron Man 3 (2013) and Thor Ragnarok (2017). 2 hours and 10 minutes.
Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019). 2 hours and 9 minutes.
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022). 2 hours and 6 minutes.
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011) and Captain Marvel (2019). 2 hours and 4 minutes.
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014). 2 hour and 2 minutes.
Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018). 1 hour and 58 minutes.
Ant-Man (2015). 1 hour and 57 minutes.
Thor (2011), Doctor Strange (2016) and Thor: Love and Thunder (2022). 1 hour and 55 minutes.
The Incredible Hulk (2008) and Thor: The Dark World (2013). 1 hour and 52 minutes.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

On 5/21/2022 at 9:45 AM, twiztor said:

The Mississippi River counts, right?

the new Thor's runtime is reportedly 115 minutes, making it one of the shortest of the Marvel movies (Thor 2 and Incredible Hulk were both 112).

Yes, the Mississippi does indeed count.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, (BP) said:

Morbius is the second best movie I watched today, and the other movie was Evil Toons. Bleak stuff. 

Personally, I would pick the nude chicks being chased by a cartoon werewolf over the shitty overbudget vampire movie.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Death From Above said:

I don't  honestly care that much about Marvel but if you aren't horny for a single character in that Thor trailer, I'm sorry but you're completely dead inside

What if it’s Gorr? 

twitter tells me I am just one of many,  many people to think Gorr reminds them of Voldemort.

Edited by odessasteps

6 hours ago, odessasteps said:

twitter tells me I am just one of many,  many people to think Gorr reminds them of Voldemort.

Twitter tells me that many, many people are stupid

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

At first I thought that Bale got ultra skinny again for this role, but he really looks about as skinny as he was in Ford vs Ferrari. Probably just the makeup making him look more gaunt than he really is.

Also surprised at the short runtime. MCU movies had this trajectory of getting longer and longer and now they're getting shorter and shorter. 

Just let the record show that - while y'all are complaining about movies not being long - I am pro Under 2 Hour Movies

I am old and have shit to do 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Don't be surprised by the shorter run time.  Shorter times means more screenings.  

And I'm glad Bale got the make-up look rather than being another CGI villain.  Gorr is a good villain for Thor, but I'm pretty certain for this movie to have any kind of stakes and/or make Gorr look like a real threat to Thor, Natalie Portman or Tessa Thompson is going to bite the bullet.  

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Just let the record show that - while y'all are complaining about movies not being long - I am pro Under 2 Hour Movies

I am old and have shit to do 

Like all things in life, depends on how said thing is used.

24 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Don't be surprised by the shorter run time.  Shorter times means more screenings.  

And I'm glad Bale got the make-up look rather than being another CGI villain.  Gorr is a good villain for Thor, but I'm pretty certain for this movie to have any kind of stakes and/or make Gorr look like a real threat to Thor, Natalie Portman or Tessa Thompson is going to bite the bullet.  

Gorr the God Butcher is a great villain and when you get an actor of Christian Bale's calibre, needs to be done justice and get over the threat he brings. I fancy Portman or Thompson to die. If I had to say, Portman. Zeus is done for and wouldn't rule Sif out either.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Gorr is a good villain for Thor, but I'm pretty certain for this movie to have any kind of stakes and/or make Gorr look like a real threat to Thor, Natalie Portman or Tessa Thompson is going to bite the bullet.  

Or Chris Hemsworth!