DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies (2022)

odessasteps

On 2/13/2022 at 10:11 PM, Casey said:

I don’t think they’re going to introduce mutants or the F4 into the MCU proper via the multiverse, personally.

Dredging this back up because I haven't been in this thread in awhile, but my bet is still on the F4 or maybe 2 of them appearing in or having something to do with Quantumania.

I thought this was mentioned already but I am not seeing it in the thread (partly because it came out around the time the Dr Strange trailer hit)

Russell Crowe has been cast in Kraven the Hunter. While not said which character - Deadline is speculating that it is to be Kraven's Dad

Also, Fred Hechinger (Fear Street movies, White Lotus) has been cast as Chameleon

• Haha 1

The name of this TV Spot is "Zombies"

At this point, they really should just put at the thing at the front that says "Make sure you watched What If?"

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, J.T. said:

So, is this John Krasinski will be playing Reed Richards in the Doctor Strange joint true or not?

Hasn't him showing up as Richards been a rumor in every Marvel movie/show since Endgame?

I think Chris Pine would make for a good Reed Richards, but I may be the odd man out there. As for Krasinski, it feels like he's been constantly rumored to be a part of the MCU in some way shape or form since being in the running for Cap. I just don't know if I can see him as being Reed. Krasinski is a big, muscular dude. He's not just skinny ol' Jim from the Office anymore. Reed seems more like...

Ok, look, I know it seems like my fandom here is in overdrive, but honestly, we all know who should be Reed Richards.

The answer is always Timothy Olyphant.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Log said:

Hasn't him showing up as Richards been a rumor in every Marvel movie/show since Endgame?

I guess folks have been fantasy booking Krasinski and Emily Blunt as Richards/Storm since Feige said they would do a Fantastic Four

So one day someone asked Krasinski if he would be interested and he said "Hell yeah"

So I think the internet just did its thing from there

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I guess folks have been fantasy booking Krasinski and Emily Blunt as Richards/Storm since Feige said they would do a Fantastic Four

So one day someone asked Krasinski if he would be interested and he said "Hell yeah"

So I think the internet just did its thing from there

I did see some stuff from MoM that made it a bit more plausible that he shows up there. I've got no real opinion on Krasinski and Blunt, but that's some nice casting.

Just now, JonnyLaw said:

It’s also possible that if someone does show up as Richards in MoM, they won’t be the actual MCU Richards, although that would be a daring bait and switch.

That would be a fun way to introduce The Maker (aka evil Ultimate Reed). 

• Like 1

The current rumor about Reed is that (MoM spoilers?)

Spoiler

Ioan Gruffudd as Reed Richards is the mutliverse Illuminati version, with Krasinski being the sacred timeline MCU version in a post credits scene

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Casey said:

The current rumor about Reed is that (MoM spoilers?)

Reveal hidden contents

Ioan Gruffudd as Reed Richards is the mutliverse Illuminati version, with Krasinski being the sacred timeline MCU version in a post credits scene

Is this something from a supposed leak or just a rumor? Asking before I click, even though it may be hard to distinguish at this point.