DVDVR Message Board

DC TV (2022)

RIPPA

Barry, finding Caitlyn’s secret lab, where she’s trying to bring back her sister/his teammate: No time to talk about this, I will destroy your lab immediately!

Also Barry, upon finding his sworn nemesis, who has constantly manipulated time to make his life miserable, is making a machine capable of creating an evil speedster who can nullify his powers: “Hey, what are you up to? Why are you doing this? Hey you, don’t go in that machine! Ok, I trust you now.”

I have loved the Pennyworth series since S1.   Jack Bannon is fucking awesome.

I hate that new title, though.

We're not dumb.  We know we are watching the origins of the Wayne family butler, or at least Alfred's origins in relation to Sean Pertwee's Alfred from the TV show, Gotham.  Martha is a Kane in Pennyworth and not an Arkham, so what happens in this series has no relation to Matt Reeves's Batman mythology.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Blue Dragon said:

I didn't watch the series but DC Superhero Girls is cancelled.

IIRC, it was created by the creator of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. My daughter never got into it because of change in the animation style from the prior SHG show.

I've seen a good chunk with the girls and it's pretty good for what it is. Remixes and tweaks a lot of characters in fairly smart ways. Plays with a chunk of lore but with a certain style and sense of fun. There's way worse stuff out there. Plus there are a lot of episodes. It's a good gateway into other things.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Jordan Elsass is leaving his role as Jonathan Kent on Superman & Lois for "personal reasons"

WB has announced that the role will be recast

This is disappointing to hear. Thought he was the better actor between the brothers. Its going to be weird to see a new face after two seasons, but I prefer that to what happened with Batwoman.

I actually tried watching more of The Flash since I'd given up on it after season 3. Then I got about 15 minutes into S4 Ep 1 where Cisco says to Caitlin, "You've got 2 doctorates and a Ph.D." and I had to permanently nope the fuck out. That writers room needed to be fired. Into space.

Edited by Contentious C
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another Justice League Dark project that is also being put to the side is the “Madame X” series produced by Angela Robinson. But this doesn’t mean both series can’t be resurrected somewhere else. Sources say that both Warner Bros. Television and Bad Robot remain extremely high on both projects and expect to find a new home for them both.

Lol, so Reeves Constantine and TV Constantine. May as well just bring Matt Ryan back.

They were pushing a more cohesive DC universe a few months ago.

I’m watching the Batwheels special setting up their new HBO Max series with the kids. It’s essentially a toy commercial, but Ethan Hawke is Batman and the character designs are cool. Robin resembles the Marlon Wayans Batman Returns designs and Mr. Freeze has an ice cube for a helmet. Pretty rad. 

They do show how the Bat vehicles become sentient using Batcave AI tech, and it feels like the beginning of some kind of techno zombie Judgement Day scenario that ends with the world of Pixar’s Cars. 

• 1 month later...

I saw Titus Welliver in an ad for the new season of Titans while I was watching Dynamite tonight, and so I guess I’m starting Titans now. I have no clue who any of these characters are besides Robin, but here we go.

Fuck Batman, indeed.

• 2 weeks later...