DVDVR Message Board

DC TV (2022)

RIPPA

On 3/23/2022 at 8:38 AM, RIPPA said:

Speaking of lengthy shows

Flash has been renewed for a 9th season which means it will pass Arrow for longest-running show in the Arrowverse

(Superman & Lois was also renewed)

The rest of the shows will learn their fate in May (reportedly)

Batwoman and Legends are cancelled 

• Sad 2

While I'm super bummed that Legends won't get a final season, at least the last two eps of Season 7 sort of work as a wrap up. The second to last ep showed us their post Legends lives, and the cliffhanger sort of works as a wink and a nod. They're about to go to Time Jail, and that's the DCW shark jump right? A jail season? And the last scene sorta had them all go, "Here we go again!" 

It still stinks that two shows that really meant a lot to Queer youth get canceled. And it's especially frustrating that Legends was creativly peaking and gets canceled while Flash limps along and hasn't been good since pre covid.

Edited by Johnny Sorrow

10 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

While I'm super bummed that Legends won't get a final season, at least the last two eps of Season 7 sort of work as a wrap up. The second to last ep showed us their post Legends lives, and the cliffhanger sort of works as a wink and a nod. They're about to go to Time Jail, and that's the DCW shark jump right? A jail season? And the last scene sorta had them all go, "Here we go again!" 

It still stinks that two shows that really meant a lot to Queer youth get canceled while Flash limps along.

I had seen the Batwoman news but not Legends yet. If I had to hear it, I guess I’m glad I saw it from you first, Johnny. The big bummer is that we don’t get the Booster Gold season.

2 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

It still stinks that two shows that really meant a lot to Queer youth get canceled. And it's especially frustrating that Legends was creativly peaking and gets canceled while Flash limps along and hasn't been good since pre covid.

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

I had seen the Batwoman news but not Legends yet. If I had to hear it, I guess I’m glad I saw it from you first, Johnny. The big bummer is that we don’t get the Booster Gold season.

I thought of you when I'd heard Legends of Tomorrow was cancelled. Sorry fellas.

It does really suck that Legends churns out maybe their best season(or at least since season 2 or 3), and doesn't get to finish on their own terms. REALLY wanted a Booster Gold season, but I also wouldn't be shocked if Berlanti's team figures out some way for them to close out the story. I'm not shocked at Batwoman though. The show struggled to find it's audience after Ruby Rose left, which is a shame, because it was always unapologetic in it's representation.

• Like 1

Can't say I'm sorry to see Batwoman go.

Legends on the other hand is a damn shame. Was really hoping we would get at least one more season after the Booster introduction. Would have also been nice for them to finally connect the Gideons between the ship and at STAR labs. Would be nice to see them do an event in Flash to finish up Legends at some point.

19 hours ago, Matt D said:

That especially hurts because Donald Faison as Booster Gold would have been amazing. 

• Like 2

I'm sad to see Legends go but count me as the one that's really sad to see Batwoman go as well.  It took them a season to get over the "You're not Kate Kane!" arc but it was a much better show after that.  The Poison Ivy stuff helped to tighten things up and my hope was come next season it'd be a lot more cohesive.  But unfortunately it's not to be though they did a good job finishing up one some loose ends.  The cliffhanger didn't get me interested so I'm okay with calling this their series finale.

Viola Davis is in talks to reprise her role as Amanda Waller in a series that would technically be a Peacemaker spinoff

(And yes - I wrote this in this way for a specific reason

• Like 1

Hope whatever it is tries to humanize Waller more. Its disappointing how far away people have taken the character from her original SS series portrayal be that in film or the comics.

• Like 1

In the biggest indicator of everyone being  checked out on Flash, the show has been largely OK this season, AND a main character just got killed off, and literally no one is discussing it lol.

Edited by RandomAct
  • Like 2

Easily one of the worst characters on the show. The ridiculously absurd ways they'd really force in every scene that she's such a bad ass with the lamest forced dialogue possible....tiring. 

Now, I'm off to go win a drinking fighting tournament against a shark because its that sort of a day.

• Like 1

I finally got to watch Peacemaker last week and I enjoyed it so much more than I thought I would.  Not all the jokes hit, but enough of them did and everyone from Cena down gave a really game performance.  

The intro is still the greatest thing ever.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

I finally got to watch Peacemaker last week and I enjoyed it so much more than I thought I would.  Not all the jokes hit, but enough of them did and everyone from Cena down gave a really game performance.  

The intro is still the greatest thing ever.

I fucking love that intro to Peacemaker:

Need to get round to seeing the show. Surprised E4 and Netflix didn't go for it in the UK.

Edited by The Natural

9 hours ago, The Natural said:

I fucking love that intro to Peacemaker:

Need to get round to seeing the show. Surprised E4 and Netflix didn't go for it in the UK.

HBO Max has an exclusivity deal with SKY in the UK. Every HBO Max show goes to a Sky channel. Peacemaker is on whatever channel SKY Max is.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ligerbusa said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnUkN3h9yQw

I usually give every CW DC TV show a shot but I can't imagine watching this. It doesn't even fit the CW DC formula, it's like they took the script for another teen series and added a little bit of Batman content to it. 

"He called me his little Robin."

Someone was actually paid to write that line.

Just for reference, that's an adult Bruce Wayne/Batman calling a young teen Carrie Kelley, vigilante protege/not adopted daughter, that. 

8 hours ago, Ligerbusa said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnUkN3h9yQw

I usually give every CW DC TV show a shot but I can't imagine watching this. It doesn't even fit the CW DC formula, it's like they took the script for another teen series and added a little bit of Batman content to it. 

For this they canceled Legends?

GK and 90% of Berlantiverse shows getting cancelled is completely down to Nexstar buying TheCW.  They are skinflints to an almost absurd degree.  Flash survived because it is the flagship show, but expect a scale back on the cast, effects and everything else.

• Sad 1