DVDVR Message Board

January 2022 Wrestling GIFs and Pics

Kang

2 hours ago, Sammo~! said:

Goto actually wins fights in it, it's weird

This made me chuckle. Cheers. Sucks Hirooki Goto never won the IWGP Heavyweight Championship. Goto will never hold a world title in NJPW. Least Lex Luger eventually won the big one in WCW.

Edited by The Natural

6 hours ago, The Natural said:

This made me chuckle. Cheers. Sucks Hirooki Goto never won the IWGP Heavyweight Championship. Goto will never hold a world title in NJPW. Least Lex Luger eventually won the big one in WCW.

There was a time, maybe 2010-2012ish when Goto was one of my favorite wrestlers. I still love the dude but he's such a choke artist that it got hard to get behind the guy any time he was in a title match. Lex Luger is a good comparison but like you said Lex eventually won the big one. I think it was when he joined Chaos and had the weird zombie Jinsei Shinzaki look that I finally just gave up on the dude being anything more than a JTTS/Gatekeeper.   

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sammo~! said:

There was a time, maybe 2010-2012ish when Goto was one of my favorite wrestlers. I still love the dude but he's such a choke artist that it got hard to get behind the guy any time he was in a title match. Lex Luger is a good comparison but like you said Lex eventually won the big one. I think it was when he joined Chaos and had the weird zombie Jinsei Shinzaki look that I finally just gave up on the dude being anything more than a JTTS/Gatekeeper.   

Agreed with all you say, my friend. Cheers!