Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

January 2022 Discussion of Wrestling


Recommended Posts

Couple of quick WWE notes from the new WON

- The original plan for MSK's Shaman was Jeff Hardy and they actually filmed the video packages

- The WWE has given up on fighting for "The Man" trademark and that is why Becky Lynch is now going by "Big Time" Becks

- Day 1 is planned to be the start of a "new tradition" for the WWE. However, the show won't always be on 1/1 as if Jan 1 is a Friday or Monday - they won't bump SDL/RAW

- WWE has banned the term PPV and is now using "premium live events" which you have probably heard if you still watch WWE programming

- Dave believes that the 2/18 SDL will be taped on 2/11 because otherwise Smackdown folks will immediately have to fly to Saudi Arabia for that show. The WWE hasn't confirmed that yet but they also never announced a location for 2/18

- WALTER has officially moved to the US and will be full time (for now) with NXT 2.0

- Dave corrected himself (but didn't acknowledge he was correcting himself) in that Kairi Sane's contract doesn't expire until next month (he had reported at the beginning of December that it had expired). Either way - she is not renewing her deal despite the WWE wanting her back.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

- WALTER has officially moved to the US and will be full time (for now) with NXT 2.0

Worse than Roddy deciding to stay, fucking up the UE reunion in AEW, is Walter being locked in while Thatcher is released, so no Ringkampf revival either.  Walter and Thatcher vs FTR would be amazing.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Worse than Roddy deciding to stay, fucking up the UE reunion in AEW, is Walter being locked in while Thatcher is released, so no Ringkampf revival either.  Walter and Thatcher vs FTR would be amazing.

Hey, it may not take THAT long to get there. When Walter gets to the main roster it will not take very long to go through the phases of a singlet -> dancing -> fired (probably mid program with someone) and then he'll be free to do all that. Until then, he can still do pretty cool stuff on NXT.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

Hey, it may not take THAT long to get there. When Walter gets to the main roster it will not take very long to go through the phases of a singlet -> dancing -> fired (probably mid program with someone) and then he'll be free to do all that. Until then, he can still do pretty cool stuff on NXT.

You're right!  But don't forget, as already discussed, it's lederhosen, not singlet.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He has chocolate stains all over his mouth, and has an overprotective mother as his manager who uses chocolate as a carrot on a stick to get him to viciously attack his opponent.

then when it’s over we watch close-ups of him eating the chocolate, while commentary is dry heaving when describing the chewing.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Can't say there are many matchups for Walter in NXT 2.0 that I want to see.

I wish Joe was healthier.  I wasn't much interested in Joe-Kross, but I'd be all in for Joe-Bron.

In an ideal world, WALTER gets the big main roster push vs. Brock Lesnar, Bobby Lashley and Roman Reigns. I got to see one of my dream matches in WALTER vs. Cesaro. WALTER vs. Daniel Bryan was another dream match when Bryan was in WWE but I wouldn't give that up for Bryan Danielson's epic run in AEW. The 2021 Wrestler of the Year.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

You're right!  But don't forget, as already discussed, it's lederhosen, not singlet.

I had a vision of a Bavarian-style singlet/lederhosen combo and now I'm regretful of putting that out into the universe.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

 

I wish Joe was healthier.  I wasn't much interested in Joe-Kross, but I'd be all in for Joe-Bron.

Buddy, have I got some news for you.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

Shotzi has her tank, Walter should "fly" to the ring in a red WWI bi-plane to get his Main Roster Humiliation over and done with. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Whatever happened to Bob Barnett?

Legit last thing I heard in regards to Bob was he sold/gave most (if not all) of his tape collection to Roy Lucier who was converting and posting the matches online*

* - it might have been just the Lucha. I remember Roy mention it on Twitter but who knows exactly how long ago that was

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Flair's going to try to put his brain in Andrade's body?

someone acting like he got a brain transplant from Ric Flair could be a fun time, especially among fans who don't know of Scoot Andrews or Black Machismo, also provided no penis helicopters happen

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not sure what the point of sticking WALTER in NXT is now that he's moved to the states. There aren't really any interesting opponents for him there and he doesn't fit with the show's overall direction at all. Just put him on the main roster.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, ThatTCGuy said:

I'm not sure what the point of sticking WALTER in NXT is now that he's moved to the states. There aren't really any interesting opponents for him there and he doesn't fit with the show's overall direction at all. Just put him on the main roster.

Does he even fit there either without a more colorful interpretation of him?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No. Signing Walter only made sense to bolster NXT UK and continue strangling the life out of the UK/Europe independent scene. Like Tim Thatcher, he has nothing that WWE is actually interested in promoting.

He’ll be out of the company by 2023. Save this post.

Edited by EVA
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • RIPPA locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...