DVDVR Message Board

January 2022 Discussion of Wrestling

RIPPA

4 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Great news: Moxley is back. He’ll be wrestling Homicide at the GCW Hammerstein show.

Better news (GCW spoilers for tonight)

Spoiler

Matt Cardona is the new ECW TV champion!

Edited by Casey
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ReiseReise said:

I recently heard a Mashup of the Taz- and Roman Reigns-WWE Theme. Now I can't unhear it. Great. 

Are there other themes which are similar like those? 

Razor Ramon's theme and Stone Cold's theme have a similar beat to them, although they do sound different overall.

If you want to go way back, then Powers of Pain (as faces in the WWF) and 1-2-3 Kid's most famous theme sound awfully similar. One of those must be a bit of a miscast, then!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, AxB said:

How many different wrestlers used Call You Momma in WWF/WWE? Because it's a lot.

Off the top of my head 3. Ernest Miller, Brodus Clay and Xavier Woods (when he briefly "borrowed" the theme from Clay). Can't think of any others though.

1 hour ago, cwoy2j said:

Off the top of my head 3. Ernest Miller, Brodus Clay and Xavier Woods (when he briefly "borrowed" the theme from Clay). Can't think of any others though.

Didn't Too Cold Scorpio use it when he was Flash Funk?

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

I used to think Val Venis' theme sounded a lot like Rick Martel's "Model" theme, but that was 20+ years ago and I haven't done any recent comparisons.

1 hour ago, Stefanie the Human said:

I used to think Val Venis' theme sounded a lot like Rick Martel's "Model" theme, but that was 20+ years ago and I haven't done any recent comparisons.

They are pretty much the same. Aside from the beginning effects, the main hooks of the songs are the same. If you pick a random point in both videos and play them at the same time, they'll sound damn near identical.

Edited by cwoy2j