DVDVR Message Board

January 2022 Discussion of Wrestling

RIPPA

For some reason I think Bret is looking worse in this, than Hogan. 

I can’t believe I’m saying this…

Fuck Bret Hart!

Naaaaah… Just kidding, I don’t give a fuck. 

On further reflection on my Nitro re-watch… “WCW being uncool” doesn’t start until April 28, 1997. “Tradition Bites nWo 4 Life” is the propaganda slogan, with Piper looking like reality slapped him in the face, and then the following week Piper gets comically buried in a banner with that slogan.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Oh so now Hogan is against people putting “untested” things into their bodies!

Hey Hulkster how much testing was done on those chewable vitamins that you sold to kids, or your energy drink, or your nutrition line, or all the coke and steroids, brother.

Edited by Ultimo Necro
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Oh so now Hogan is against people putting “untested” things into their bodies!

Hey Hulkster how much testing was done on those chewable vitamins that you sold to kids, or your energy drink, or your nutrition line, or all the coke and steroids, brother.

Or Pastamania

• Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Court’s done almost everything to get MLW noticed except whip out a shotgun, and shoot it up into the air in the middle of a crowd. This is a newer take I guess.

If they ran a consistent promotion like GCW does then they’d probably get more attention.

If Pearl Jam couldn't beat Ticketmaster there is no way in hell MLW will beat Mcdevitt.  He will eat them alive. 

Yeah, MLW has a point in that WWE probably did ask Fox, who owns Tubi, to kindly do them a solid and remove MLW from their platform.  Does it rise to the level of something that can get its day in court?  And, if so, can MLW fight that court battle?  This is America.  It's not about who's right.  It's about who has the stomach and the wallet to fight it out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Stephen New is about as big of a money mark that has ever existed in wrestling. I can guarantee this guy is bank rolling the entire lawsuit. MLW won't have to pay a cent. Makes sense, dude's logo was all over the ring at the last few MLW shows. I will never respect the POS. You can't play the giant fan of wrestling card when you sue one of the boys. Glad he & Cornette got their ass beat in court.

24 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Stephen New is about as big of a money mark that has ever existed in wrestling. I can guarantee this guy is bank rolling the entire lawsuit. MLW won't have to pay a cent. Makes sense, dude's logo was all over the ring at the last few MLW shows. I will never respect the POS. You can't play the giant fan of wrestling card when you sue one of the boys. Glad he & Cornette got their ass beat in court.

i have no idea who Stephen New is, but i am interested in reading more of this story.

Stephen New is a lawyer in West Virginia who is a giant wrestling fan turned money mark. He funds promotions and specific indy wrestlers and he's a hardcore Cornette guy. To the point he sued GCW wrestler G-Raver on the behalf of Cornette. G-Raver was selling a clown shirt using the a Cornette face as a way to pay Cornette back for all the vile shit he spewed about G-Raver on his podcasts. Including but not limited to how he wished G-Raver died from a horrific cut in a deathmatch that legitimately almost killed G-Raver. Stephen New took the case and it went to trial. G-Raver's lawyer was Pittsburgh indy wrestler David Lawless. He does a corrupt lawyer gimmick but he's also a shoot lawyer. Cornette lost the defamation suit and G-Raver was allowed to continue selling these shirts:

Ef6fy6XWoAABcnI?format=jpg&name=large
2f653-ef6a92hx0aihd4a.jpg

Edited by NoFistsJustFlips
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I would imagine if you're suing for defamation, you cannot have 2 and half hours of evidence every other week of you also defaming the defendant. That's on the same level of robbing someone and then uploading the video of you with the stolen merch to Facebook or Youtube.

Also, he should have hired Clarence Mason. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

A random comment on the AEW Discord "AEW's Women's division won't get over until they sign a woman who is an MJF-level promo" got me wondering, has there ever been a female WRESTLER (not manager) who was an MJF level promo? Who are the best talkers in (English speaking) Women's Wrestling history?