DVDVR Message Board

January 2022 Discussion of Wrestling

RIPPA

2 minutes ago, Matt D said:

WWECW 2009 is the best TV year of any single WWE show in the last 15 years though.

and that was a whole 2 years post-Heyman, so i'm sure the 2007/2008 WWECW had some touch and go stuff before they figured out their lineup

this is probably not realistic, but if they're gonna keep a 2 hour timeslot on Tuesdays, one hour should be NXT and one hour should be 205 Live. Not sure if all 2 hours should be from the same place ala RAW/The War Zone or they could pretend that both shows are live and pass it from one to the other at the top of the hour.

55 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

You got GAB 97 in Moline, but the next night you get the goosebump inducing, insane pop Hogan and Rodman got when they came out to Voodoo Chile and were introduced by Buffer at the United Center.

Posted because it's awesome...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cobra Commander said:

"Impact, we're booking your champ in our Royal Rumble"

"Um, what do we get from this?"

"We'll mention the name of your promotion on Twitter"

"Sold!"

Hey now, they said it on tv as well.

9 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

on checking a list of TNA/Impact champions, maybe Impact can't get AJ Styles or Lashley for a night in return for Mickie James, but maybe Drew McIntyre?

nah, more like Bobby Roode. Or Eli Drake, it's not like he's doing much in NXT.

I’m choosing to consider that this is WWE needing the IMPACT rub, rather than the other way around!

I’d kind of dig it if both Rumbles had some more random “forbidden door” people show up.  Like 1997 when they had random luchadores in the Rumble because they were in Texas.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

Walter vs Bron would be a good matchup for finding out how much Bron wants an Austrian dude to work stiff with him.

Wouldn't that be a thing most people in general want to experience, anyway?

What?

• Haha 1