DVDVR Message Board

Your 2022 Internet Match Thread

Noah Mark

The up-and-comers of Tokyo Joshi Pro main event in a six-man and I recognize Miu Watanabe and Suzume (she wears the yellow beehive getup),  The one's I'm still catching on to are Yuki Aino and Yuki Arai, Mizuki and Hikari Noa (who I would know by now if she was on YouTube more than once a year).  This is good.  Miu Watanabe is your future all-star.

=======================

What I look for in grimy, non-blood-based lucha libre is crushing the paying attendees, competent in-ring wrestling, and spectacular highspots.  Done, done and done.  Your rudos and big, beefy and don't give a crap about your spectacularness.

=======================

This is a clipped version  of the DDT Tag Tournament finals and Naomi Yoshimura is fucking INTENSE!

• Like 2

Rok-C has one last match in ROW with Raychell Rose before (becoming a giant star/disappearing for three years) in the WWE.  I wonder what stupid name she'll get.

======================

Freya the Slaya in OVW!  She's a big, mean lady!

==========================

Ava White is slowly developing.  I don't know who this Raine gal is but she is good.  She kinda works circles around Ava.

• Like 2

Rok C isn't going to WWE, Booker T misspoke. He hopes WWE signs her.

Hikari Noa below in pic is the Deathmatch Girl of TJPW.

ub0vz7znfzj81.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Mizuki is the skinny rabbit looking girl who looks like she could be Riho's sister. Yuki Aino is the blonde girl, whose tag partner is retiring soon.

• Like 1

Giulia and Mayu Iwatani WRESTLE!  The Prominence Invasion is awesome.  Suzu Suzuki attacks Giulia and tears enter her eyes as she is filled with rage at the memory of Giulia's betrayal of her!  Lady C and HANAN have a little match, too.

===========================

Hyper Misao!  I looked up her opponent.  it's Maruna Neko.  FREE JOSHI ON THE INTERNET!

A batch of NOAH juniors I've never been exposed to- Atsushi Kotege, Yuya Susumu, and HAYATA.  YO-HEY I've seen plenty of the last three years.  FOR THE TAG BELTS!

• Like 2

Haruna Neko is the cat girl of TJPW. Neko means cat in Japanese, also for cat like people. Most of the TJPW Women have gimmicks or their own thing.

Edited by Blue Dragon
  • Like 1

Dragon Bane and Alpha Wolf are prolly the best tagteam in Indie lucha.  Here, they take on the great Dr Cerebro and the underrated Cerebro Negro.  It starts off as an IWRG mat based lucha match but quickly MORPHS into an IWRG total fucking bloodbath after Alpha Wolf just fucking DIES on a tope to nowhere.  SIX STARS!

=========================

DDT streamed the whole card from yesterday and there's a good Chris Brookes/HARASHIMA match but I cued it up to the Konosuke Takeshita/Yuki Uena/ Shunma Katsumata vs Tetsuya Endo/ Jun Akiyama/ Yusuke Okada match.  It's good!

Sol, Spider Fly, X-Devil and Aguilar Oriental as flamboyant and shit.  Spider Fly is the most fancy.  Sol destroys the most paying customers.  I finish is RIDICULOUS.

• Like 1

The wrestling library is like the Korakuen Hall of British indie wrestling.  Billy Haze is the grimiest heel in the UK and he can also go- he is the British Alec Price.  Man Like Dereiss is in the upper echelon of British indie guys.  This is good.

It's Kyushu Pro!  SUGI is someone I had forgotten about.  What a fun highflier!  He is 38 and is the youngest guy in the match.  Mentai Kid is 44!  This is also good.

============================

Smashing Toners are a good tagteam, but what if you pit them against each other?  You get a high-end British indie match!  Smashing Mike does a lot of the NXT I Must Have Pinned Him! face.  Other than that, he's really good.

• Like 1

Speaking of Alec Price: 

They mess up a spot, and go back to it pretty quickly. But it becomes clear why, when they hit it. Because it's mind-blowing.

• Like 2

RIot City is my favourite Aussie wrestling promotion, the whole show is very solid but the main event is fantastic. Smart mouthed dickhead Rocky Menero and his proteges The Parea have turned on Menero's friend of nearly 20 years Tyler Daniels, in seeking revenge Daniels enlists the team of Gods And Monsters, the semi retired former champion Brodie Marshall and having his first match back in two years after beating cancer, Grimm Basso. Old school to the bone, Rocky is due a beating but they make the crowd wait for it. @DEANI reckon this is right up your alley.

• Like 2

Chihiro Hashimoto and Yuu are such an awesome tagteam.  Here, they beat on Manami as Ryo Mizunami tries to keep Manami alive.  Man, the Hashimoto/Mizunami sections makes one yearn for a Ryo title shot.

========================

Shuji Kondo and Toryu Owashi are big beefy bros.  Haguchi is not a fat boy but he hangs with the fat boys. Soma Takao is a junior heavyweight.  Guess who it doesn't go well for.  Owashi and Kondo are a burly tagteam and should stick together.

========================

IIIIIiiiiiiit's yourweeklyHyperMisaomatch!  This week, it's against Marika Kobashi who is graduating next month!  Whatever that means!

• Like 3

When they use "graduation" in Japan for modern pro-wrestling, it means moving on and not really retiring. And also moving upwards sometimes.

It can be also used for moving away from terms like the "Royal Road" in the Jun era of AJPW. (The current AJPW era bought the term back).

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DeadEffect said:

RIot City is my favourite Aussie wrestling promotion, the whole show is very solid but the main event is fantastic. Smart mouthed dickhead Rocky Menero and his proteges The Parea have turned on Menero's friend of nearly 20 years Tyler Daniels, in seeking revenge Daniels enlists the team of Gods And Monsters, the semi retired former champion Brodie Marshall and having his first match back in two years after beating cancer, Grimm Basso. Old school to the bone, Rocky is due a beating but they make the crowd wait for it. @DEANI reckon this is right up your alley.

In the main event, those are the three greatest douchebags in the history of Australia.  The Australian Freebirds.

MORE GLEAT!  UWF version!  This isn't BattlARTS, where it was the perfect merging of shootstyle and also MidSouth booking.  So yeah, it's interesting but they need to heat it up.  Really strange booking of the main event though.

===========================

Oh man, this Failed Idol vs Successful Idol feud is FUCKING AWESOME.  A pissed off and annoyed Maki Ito is the best version of Maki Itoh.  So fucking great.

============================

Yeah, Miyuki Takase has achieved fucking awesomeness and yeah, DASH Chisako should be putting her over now.

• Like 2

TJP.... not really but NOAH :

The Fujita vs Nakajima for the GHC HW match is at the end, around 21 mins match

I haven't watched it yet because its hard to watch multiple cards of multiple promotions, even when i stopped watching any other sort of tv.

• Like 3

Oh man, this is good.  Dragon Bane works stiffer than your average lucha high end highspot guy, but it takes the underestimated Cerebro Negro to supply the HATE.  This is violent and that makes good lucha libre.

=======================

Jesus Christ, why is Davienne not signed yet by AEW or at least IMPACT!?  She and Masha Slamovich beat on each other for 7 minutes.

======================

Mui Watanabe, Rika Tatsumi, and Yuka Sakazaki are the ones I recognize!  I'm getting so much better.  Most impressive unrecognized wee lass is Arisu Endo.  I love that Nao Kakuta is the Serpentico of her tag team.  Mui Watanabe is a tiny powerhouse and she rules.

• Like 2

Davienne versus the Big Gals week continues with Davienne vs KiLynn King FOR THE BELT! The Northern CCW belt!  This is good.  King's new finisher was dubbed by Nyla Rose as the Excalibuster!

========================

Hiroyo Matsumoto and Mika Iwata are two of the best wrestlers on earth.  Here, they wrestle each other.

Yurika Oka is trying to keep up with the meteoric rise of Manami and she is getting good.  She takes on secret good worker of Joshi, Active Advance Pro Wrestling's Ayame Sasamura.  This is good.

• Like 1

I don't think I've seen Mirai wrestle before, but here she is against Syuri for one of the myriad of Stardom belts.  Also watch Himeka get SCREWED OUT OF THE TAG TITLES!  Hit that fucking ref again!  FUCK!

========================

Australia appears to the Houston of the Pacific Rim (Australia is in the Pacific Rim, I'm convinced).  Matt Hayter is the Will Allday and HAVOK is your Mysterious Q and you get some quality wrestling from this Riot City Wrestling.  Also check out the first match.  Chris Brasso and Nick Armstrong fucking lay it in.

Tomoka Inaba is bringing an element of excitement to the under 18 contingent of Sendai Girls.  Here, it's getting the best match 15 year old Kanon has ever had.

• Like 2