DVDVR Message Board

Your 2022 Internet Match Thread

Noah Mark

Daniel Makabe is the Canadian Jonathan Gresham- technique-wise.  Travis Williams is the greatest wrestling douche in Canada.  This is good.

======================

Trey Miguel and Alex Shelley wrestle a match in Sami Callihan's Wrestling Revoltion promotion.  Alex Shelley is all crazy in this.

===========================

James Pharrell is the best indie wrestler in the UK, I'm guessing.  Here, he is going to school a youngster, Daniel Haines.  BUT HAINES HAS OTHER IDEAS!  Wrestle Force is awesome.

It might be time for TK to pull the trigger on bringing in Kamille.  She is achieving the level of AWESOME as of late.  Watch her carry Gigi Rey to a good match in Rey's TWENTY FOURTH match, give or take a few. Kamille sells a giant wad of offense but has such a dominant power offense that you never really think she is in danger.   Kamille should join Deeb's Dojo.

======================

How long has Shun Skyywalker been a complete dick?  Because I LOVE IT.

=======================

Riley Shepherd is nice.  Becca is a JERK!  Can they just get along?  The Good Sisters are ACTUALLY the Blair sisters- Lizzy and Payton.  They are fun if not too precise.

• Like 2

I will now DEMAND that Blue Dragon identify Tiger Queen, Dark Panther and Dark Tiger!  Miyuki Takase is there as Miyuki Takase.  Everybody beats the fudge out of everyone.

=====================

Rina Yamashita is all over the internet the last couple of weeks.  Here, she is wrestling in Colega Pro wrestling young up and comer, Momoka Hanazono.  This is good.  Rina Yamashita should hang around the US more so she can wrestle in front of actual people.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Blue Dragon said:

I'm confused, I thought you already know who Tiger Queen the good girl is. The other 3 are mysterious evildoers.

Is it Veny?

2 hours ago, DEAN said:

Is it Veny?

No info in Japan who it is. I would need pics of Veny and Tiger Queen to compare, eyelids, arm shape, teeth hands etc as well. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Veny has been training with Sayama. So it's plausible he liked her enough to give her a version of his gimmick.

• Like 2

Saya Kamitani and MIRAI is pretty great.  

========================

Team SAKI takes on Team Arisa Nakajima!

==========================

It's four luchadoras versus four luchadoras including Lady Shani who is Ludark Shatian's cousin.  Also this has the good, non-reprehensible Sexy Star.

• Like 1

KiLynn King is becoming a truly ass stomping great wrestler.  LaBrava is the NEW best wrestler without a cagematch profile.  This match is fucking great.

=======================

Athena has trained exactly TWO wrestlers.  Both of them are in this match.  Danni Bee is a budding sympathetic babyface like Roxanne Perez- which they seem to be creating in Houston like wheat these days.  Charity Kane needs to be signed by AEW, IMPACT! or the NWA, because she is fucking GREAT at beating a mountain of heat onto Danni Bee.  So fucking good.

=====================

Baby Star Jr is the child of Baby Star- the adorable baby of an adorable baby!  Rey Halcon Jr is FUCKING GREAT!  This match is sooo fucking good.

• Like 1

GLEAT! YES!   This one has Chihiro Hashimoto vs Maya Fukuda and Nanae Takahashi vs Michiko Miyagi and other cool things.  BULK ORCHESTRA!

=================

Okay, my new favorite UK indie wrestler is now Tommy Lawrence.  He is such a Pretty Deadly member in training.  What a douche! Hakan, the Peckham Playboy, is good.

====================

The only guy with a cagematch profile in this is Tom Fulton.  It's odd because the Mexa Boys- Sol, Noisy Boy and Spider Fly, are pretty big in IWRG.  Cerebro Negro Jr is developing into as much of an ass stomper as Cerebro Negro.  Gallero rounds out the rudos.

Chihiro Hashimoto and Yuu are deeply now les hijas de Vader.  Madeline and Mika Iwata are not as strong!  Iwata is awesome.

===================

From now on, when I think of Australia, I will think of Keegan Brettle.  Here he is wrestling the awesome Robbie Eagles.

======================

Mayuki Takase takes on the mysterious Deborah K, who appears to have not wrestled for 12 years and then wrestled a lot.

• Like 2

On 7/23/2022 at 1:54 AM, DEAN said:

From now on, when I think of Australia, I will think of Keegan Brettle.  Here he is wrestling the awesome Robbie Eagles.

Keegan is from the weird subsect of Australian wrestling. We have the promotions and talent that have been known on a larger scale, feds like MCW and PWA, or guys like Robbie Eagles and Adam Brooks who have big internet presence, but then there's guys like Keegan who just do lots of smaller shows, racking up a lot of work and occasionally getting matches with bigger names like here. ASW is a weird fed in the sense it'll take guys from those two worlds and put them in matches and see what happens, there was one where they had Slex who's a 20 year vet and done tours with NOAH, wrestling a guy called Hell Yeah who's a hokey comedy character and the match looked intriguing. 

It's a shame that this looks to be Keegan's last match due to injury, but it's a very good match to go out on if that's the case.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ava White has really improved in the last year or so.  She has always been glamorous but now she can do the wrestling, pretty well.  For the Wrestle Force Championship!  Skye Smitson looks promising.  Ava is a good heel.

=========================

I haven't seen Mexica in a while.  I don't think I've seen the rest of his cohorts.  Tonalli, Relampago and Fly Warrior are all good.  This is pretty good- big crowd, BLOOD~! and some lunatic high flying makes for some good Lucha Libre!

=========================

Brian Myers is an underrated wrestler in IMPACT! and the NWA.  Aiden Prince is a mysterious IMPACT! guy who is not afraid to channel Lee Scott Being Beaten To Death By The SST when he just fucking LEANS INTO IT on the finish of this match.

Kyushu Pro is a very interesting Japanese indie.  It has all these old guys who wrestled in wee indies for years- like Gurukun Mask who had literally a thousand matches in Okinawa Pro, and Hitamaru Sasaki who was on every Futen and Style-E card.  Here, they have a UWF rules match with patriarchs of GLEAT, Kaz Hayashi and Minoru Tanaka.  This is good, especially Kaz who does a lot of Junior HEavyweight stuff to set up his submission attempts.  So weird.

====================

I don't think I've seen AKINO wrestle since she was Noki-A in ARSION.  I'm sure I've seen her a couple of times but this would be the first time I've paid attention to her since 2002.  She looks good.  Miyuki Takase and Haruka Umesaki should come to America and wrestle for five years.  Himiko is a 50 year old rookie.  Good for her.  Stephanie the Human will explain her to me.  Luminous is not nice to it's elders.

======================

Kieron Lacy is a UK indie babyface youngster.  Mark Trew is a UK indie douche heel.  Here, they beat the fudge out of each other.  Wrestle Force rules.  I love that you hear a thousand children screaming at Trew.  THE CHILDREN HATE YOU!

• Like 1

The Switchblades (Jon Moxley & Sami Callihan) vs. The American Wolves (Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards).

From the REVOLVER Cage Of Horrors show on July 9th.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
7 hours ago, DEAN said:

Himiko is a 50 year old rookie.  Good for her.  Stephanie the Human will explain her to me.

Diana is a lot like Ice Ribbon in that they take a mindset of "if you want to learn how to wrestle and you're a woman, we'll train you", which is how they end up with 50 year old Himiko and 13 year old Miran both being rookies at the same time.

(This also got us 44 year old Kiku and 13 year old Saran in Ice Ribbon!)

9 hours ago, J.T. said:

The Switchblades (Jon Moxley & Sami Callihan) vs. The American Wolves (Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards).

I'm not much a fan of three of those guys but the fact that all four are still ride-or-die for their friends is touching. 

• Like 1

Risa Sera versus Syuri is pretty balls out.  God's Eye vs Prominence is as cool as Prominence versus anyone.  Ami Sourei has a memorable cameo!

• Like 2

Giant wads of wrestling appeared on YouTube the last 24ish hours.  YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!

La Pandemia continue to be the Mexican definition of AWESOME!  So many Fargo Struts.  Travis Banks continues to be a Warren Oates character in a Sam Peckinpah movie.

=====================

Adorable baby, Baby Star Jr and normal luchador, Garra Mortal Jr, REALLY beat the shit out of Pantera Jr and Vertigo.  All four really take it out on the people who paid to watch- like they owe them more money.  Baby Star and Garra Mortal both go All Japan 1999 for their finishers, which is totally awesome.

=============================

Galena Del Mal is GREAT fat, sleazy rudo.  Puma De Oro is a thin, sleazy rudo who can do really great high spots.  Aster Boy flies face first into the second row for YOUR PLEASURE.  And you find it pleasing.  This match is fucking great.  Rey Espectro gives it the old college try.

• Like 1